Gym bunnies....

Options
rubysparkle
rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
So.... i have just got back from the gym...felt very proud of myself for burning 900 cals off today which is good for me. However i ran into the changing rooms, to grab my stuff out of the locker and just as i turned this 6ft leggy lady stood in front of me completely beautiful, tanned - totally naked drying her hair and I felt like rubbish - if ever there was a deflating moment about my weight loss that was it.

Even if i lost all my excess weight .... i could never look like that...very depressing :(

Oh well tomorrow is another day and all that :)

Replies

• cagirl1968
    Options
    I assure you that she is insecure about something as well.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    You are the perfect you. Please don't compare yourself to others. Your beautiful and who God made you to be. Be proud of that!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Ah girl, don't beat yourself up about it. Just know that your body is different and when you get to your goal weight and even now, I'm sure you look great!!! Everyone is beautiful. Every body, every size, fat rolls or not!! :) I've gotta keep telling myself that. When my bf looks at me and I know he's happy with my body as is, I realize that I am beautiful & start to think of myself as beautiful too!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yeh you are all def right....its all about the self love.. which i am trying to work on

It was just one of those 'bridget jones' moments....

I am still happy that i worked hard in the gym..and i am definitely back into the swing of things now with a 2lb weight loss this week so things are good again!

xx
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    I'd be bored if we all were 6 foot leggy women. And ..well some men would be. Honestly my shortness/mid heightness has made guys like me, even with the chub. So what if you'll never be like that. Like they said you have to be YOU. and love it
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    She's probably dumb...

But I'm just a bad person to think that :bigsmile:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe you see her as a 10, but she sees herself as an 8, and someone else sees her as a 5.

...oh, and BTW, where can I find the hot, naked lady? ;-) j/k I'm married, she's in my house.
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    nah.. she sees herself as a 10 if shes butt naked drying her hair.

I still bet you she's REALLY dumb :laugh:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Oh that chic goes to my gym too!!! There's a woman at my gym that has an incredibly sculpted body and she gets on the elliptical machine and she only comes in when I'm having a crappy day and it used to get to me. So I got on the elliptical next to her one time and you know what - she can't go very far or very fast. I couldn't believe it. She was on there for 10 minutes and was working hard on level 2 with an incline of 10! I do a minimum of level 4 with an incline of 30!

So while I may not be as sculpted as 'perfect looking' as her, I feel better knowing that in a dark alley, I'll be able to outrun the bad guy while she is going to get her perfectly scuplted *kitten* caught.

HAH!!!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You don't want to be 6 foot. Trust me. I'm 5'3 and I wish I was shorter. Do you really want guys to look at you and think man, I would go talk to that girl but she's wayyy to tall. You'd be very limited on the men you got to pick...plus, if you did end up with a decent heighted man, you would probably still be taller than him and you would have to kiss down to him and wear flats all the time. That would just be boring. And...she probably starves herself anyways and doesnt have any fun so you're all good girl...keep up the good work!
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    She probably didn't even work out, just came to the gym for some naked hair drying. I do it all the time. Not really, but I am seriously considering taking the kids to the gym nursery and taking a long hot uninterrupted shower. Or a nap.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    She's probably dumb...

But I'm just a bad person to think that :bigsmile:

lol! I was thinking the same thing. I guess it's a bad thing to think but there are worse things! Kim's think alike! :)
  • Johnna87
    Johnna87 Posts: 11
    Options
    Oh that chic goes to my gym too!!! There's a woman at my gym that has an incredibly sculpted body and she gets on the elliptical machine and she only comes in when I'm having a crappy day and it used to get to me. So I got on the elliptical next to her one time and you know what - she can't go very far or very fast. I couldn't believe it. She was on there for 10 minutes and was working hard on level 2 with an incline of 10! I do a minimum of level 4 with an incline of 30!

So while I may not be as sculpted as 'perfect looking' as her, I feel better knowing that in a dark alley, I'll be able to outrun the bad guy while she is going to get her perfectly scuplted *kitten* caught.

HAH!!!

YOU just made my frigging day with that statement! hahahah HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH amazing.... simply amazing :)
  • Johnna87
    Johnna87 Posts: 11
    Options
    girlfriend I'm 5'8 and a size 16. I bet you ten dollars and you and I and her could walk in to a bar and get free drinks before she does! :) It's ALL about the confidence... don't short change yourself! If you got in a fight would you punch yourself first?! NO... so punch her... really hard... every time you work your *kitten* off at the gym!!! :) you're beautiful... be beautiful!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    that woman may have been your idea of beauty just cause you are currently unhappy with yours. trust me that you are beautiful in your own right!!! no one gets to look like you. i myself am not a carbon copy blondy, I could never look like one short of plastic surgery...but I think there is something epic about being out of the ordinary :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!