Why am I always freezing now???!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Everybody has said it already; #1 cause is decreased insulation, #2 anemia, etc.
    It hasn't hit me yet but I've already mentally prepared myself for it's inevitable arrival. I'm that guy you see wearing short sleeve shirts year-round; even on sub-freezing snow days. You know how some people bet on the date of the first snowfall? On my previous job, there was a pool to see when I'd first don a coat (light jacket). Seriously! There were a couple of winters where nobody won cuz I never wore it. I even walk around the house year-round with shorts, A-shirt, and sandals.
    When it does happen, I think it'll be a small price to pay. It'd be nice to walk for a hour on a treadmill without donning sweatbands and a hand towel and drinking a quart of water. Last night I left workplace gym drenched with sweat and walked right outside in 40 degree weather with short sleeves and shorts without shivering once and drove home with the heater off the entire time. I like to think of myself as a hotbox! :explode: :explode: :explode:

Always remember: One can alway put on another layer to warm up; however, there's only so much one can shred to cool off! :blushing:
  • nixie70
    Options
    Oh, well alright then - I'm glad I'm not the only... I'd rather insulate with extra cozy sweaters than that layer of fat I lost !!! thanks guys! :wink:
  • horses1jessi
    horses1jessi Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow.. thank you for posting this I have only lost around 20 with 15 more to go.. But I was seriously considering if there is something wrong with me.. And I bet my co-workers were too.. Bundled with a heater on always..
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I know I am feeling cold now at the same temperatures that I used to feel hot at! I've had to increase the settings on my thermostat for daytime and for night. I used to sleep with a window open even in the coldest part of our Canadian winter. Now, since losing 47 pounds, I have extra blankets on the bed and haven't had the window open at night for a while already and sometimes still feel cold. A sweater and slippers are my newest best accessories at home!
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oh for sure. All the time! Currently wearing a scarf in the office. LOL. Funny though, after loosing 60 pounds, I'm always cold but sweat SO MUCH MORE during workouts. LOL.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    More water, less insulation
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I went to my doctor for a physical last week, and my main concern was that I was lacking in something (iron maybe) that was causing it. He did a ton of bloodwork, all of which was fantastic. His opinion is that it is just because I have lost a lot of fat and my body is not used to regulating temp at it's new size yet. So hopefully it will get better. Winter is going to kill me this year, and I live in southeast Texas, so it's not even that cold !
    Spot on Deb... One thing that I have found that really helps is to get in a really hot sauna, then get a cold shower afterward... It helps the body to get use to the extremes and you have an easier time adapting to the lack of insulation. At least it works for me. A word of caution... build up your ability to handle the sauna most first timers can't handle 180 degrees in a dry sauna or 120 degrees in a wet sauna for more than five minutes. Be careful before you try to build up to 20 plus minutes.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    my coworks think im nuts :)!

I now understand why people wear layers!