new to site

Options
hi, my name's lucy, i'm 22 and from california. i want to try and get into the message boards becos maybe if i make friends, then i can keep on track with this. i'm so tired of being the way i am, and just tired in general. i've looked into lap band, but i just wasn't ready at the time, and i felt so alone- i joined a therapy group for teenage girls undergoing it, but they were all 16-17 and i was 19 and i felt shunned. ugh, i feel like i'm about to cry now ._. well so now i'm going to try eating right and exercising for more than like 3 days in a row. thank you for reading!

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    HELLO AND WELCOME, YOU CAN ADD ME AS A FRIEND IF YOU LIKE, !
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi, Lucy!:flowerforyou:

You can do this--take it slow.

Make some small changes that you can live with--maybe eat more vegetables or drink more water, etc.--once you are used to that, make a few more changes.

Try taking a walk every day--Leslie Sansone has a bunch of good walking dvds and you can find workouts online, too. You don't need tostart off with a full-fledged fitness plan! Just move more than you usually do (that's how I started!).

Take it one day at a time. I stick to my exercise and eating plan TODAY and don't worry about tomorrow (or yesterday, for that matter! If I messed up, I just move on!).:smile:

Log your food, make sure you eat your calories--including most, if not all, of your exercise calories.

Find a group or thread here that you think will be supportive and join in. The people here are on the same journey as you and are willing to support, motivate and kick you in the butt, if necessary:laugh: !
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Welcome aboard! We are here for you!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! U can add me for a friend if you like!
  • crapattack
    Options
    thank you everyone for all the support and advice! i feel so much better :)
  • fozzy33
    fozzy33 Posts: 72
    Options
    We are here to support you! You can add me as a friend too if you'd like!
  • chefcc
    chefcc Posts: 143
    Options
    Welcome Lucy, You will find a lot of support here. You can add me as a friend also.