Looking for friends to help motivate and give advice :-)

Options
Hey Everybody!

I have decided over the past few weeks that I am going to succeed at the weightloss journey I am about to begin. I thought it would be helpful to have some people who have been in my shoes to get advice or motivation. I have been using the MyFitnessPal and love it! I joined the gym about a month ago! I started out at 3 times a week and now I am at 3+ a week. I am attempting to do an hour of cardio a session (bike, walking, eliptical, etc). I am getting married in 10 days so I have a little extra stress of making sure I do not gain weight (my dress fit perfectly with no alterations). I started a little over 300 lbs, my long term goal is about 150lbs in two years, but right now I would like to average about 8 lbs a month (2lbs a week). I was wondering if anybody had any advice or wanted to be my friend (pathetic I know) to help keep my motivation up :-) I have seen so many success stories and I would love my story to be one of those in a couple years :-)

~Jenna :heart: ~

Replies

• showmewoman
    showmewoman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenna, I just joined today and browsing through messages and groups. Congratulations on your weight loss, motivation and upcoming wedding. I am a former ww memeber and have been steadily gaining back weight and CAN NOT let that happen. I remember with ww it takes awhile to get use to tracking and portion control. So I am on this adventure with you and many others. Have a beautiful wedding day and enjoy it!

Jackie:smile:
  • Neffjb84
    Neffjb84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks :-) I am very excited that I lost the 8lbs and I am below 300! I did not have any health problems but it was very scary to know I was that heavy at 5ft 3in. I am slowly changing my eating habit, mostly trying to avoid fast food. I am also trying to get my daily intake of water as well :-) Good Luck with your journey! Keep me updated!