Small victory today - NSV

Options
Today it was a little slow at work so I slide out to Old Navy to try on some jeans. When I started this journey I wearing a 42 inch waist. I've now gotten down to a 36 so I thought I would try on a 34. To my surprise I was able to do them up. They were just a wee bit tight but I got them on and they felt comfortable! I left the store with a huge smile on my face and had to race back to work so that I could share this NSV with my MFP family!

IMG-20121107-00016.jpg

Replies

• btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thats awsome - congratulations!

BTW - my NSV is now I'm on the third belt hole. Six weeks ago I was on the first (last). All my pants fit better. I actually fit into a pair of old jeans last week. And I'm exercising so frequently I had to take a day off to rest my legs. And today I feel like I HAVE TO GO RUN. HAVE TO!
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    awesome!! love those kinds of victories! congrats!!
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awesome dude! 7 months ago I was in a tight 44 waist, now I'm shopping at American Eagle and wearing a 36 waist and about to go into a 34 waist! Its a great feeling aint it?
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • blessedmomof1
    Options
    Amazing job!! You look awesome!! Not a small victory today--a HUGE victory. Congrats!!
  • tstigers68
    Options
    That is awesome, happened to me just last week!

Keep up the amazing job.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV. Too bad you don't look so happy in the picture.
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Proof positive that every bit of Your effort has been in the right direction.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    congrats! I love that feeling when you grab the next size down just to see how far you have to go and then surprise it fits.
  • book_worm4
    Options
    congrats! :D
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :drinker:

I can relate because I used to buy 44" waist (was actually a 42" but needed longer rise and roomier thighs!) I even bought adjustable waist in case I got bigger! :sick: :sick: :sick:

>>>Fast forward<<<

I reached the 'tightest' hole in my usual belt a couple of months ago and had to drill another! Now, even that's loose! I won't buy a tighter belt yet because my pants will buckle/pucker too much. As long as I'm not saggin', I'm good!
    I'm almost at my Stage 2 goal (see profile) but buying new clothes (and belts) will be my reward for reaching Stage 3 goal. At that time, I look forward to a major NSV like yours! :happy: Although I'll still probably have to shop at Big-n-Tall stores because of 34-36" inseams! :sad:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!