My NSV...

Options
I've never been a runner. Ever. I actually hated running...then I started to run. Ended up having a bilateral anterior compartment fasciotomy (double leg surgery) because of the pain/numbness in my feet after running.... But slowly I've turned myself into a runner. Always with my iPod in with fast paced music to keep me going....

About a month ago I accidentally went on a 4 mile run...and today? Today 1 went on a 2.5 mile run and it wasn't until I was almost done that I realized that I forgot my iPod and was running even faster than normal!!

So, my NSV....today I ran...and enjoyed running just for the sake of running!

Replies

• dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm feeling ya, I'm sitting here at work ready and excited to go for my run tonight!!
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    It is addictive :)...I absolutely love the feeling of finding that pace that I can do for a LONG time, and just relaxing into it...it's my therapy, and lordy knows I need it :)
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! That's awesome :)

I've also turned myself into a runner over time, despite once hating it. It's not easy, so well done you!!
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I want to be a runner so badly, and am improving little by little. I can't wait until I can run that far without walking. Thank you for sharing, very inspiring :)
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I can't stand running without music so good on you for doing it and enjoying it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!