Treadmill

Options
nyy03
nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
I don't know if I can say it enough, I HATE running on the treadmill. Only did 3 miles today and I hated it. I HATE the treadmill.:explode:

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i find walking outside i walk more miles and longer than i do on a tredmill, prolly cause it is walking outside and not in one spot?:huh:
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry!! I LOVE the treadmill but I'm coming from a different place than you probably. I love the fact that I could walk 2 miles on the treadmill today and still had more in me to give. I cannot run yet.

I'm assuming you can't get outside to run yet?

Christine
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Unable to run outside as hubby is on a golfing trip. :grumble: No one to look after the kids. Today was a gorgeous day so we went for a nice walk to the park. Watch the weather will turn around when he returns. I try to get me long runs done on the weekends outside.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i agree! HATE it! i can't wait for the weather to get nice again.
  • christieb143102
    christieb143102 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try running in intervals. 50 minutes alternating 2 min. @ 4.0mph with a slight incline with 3 min @ 7.0 mph... Gets your heart rate pumping so you're burning a great deal of calories. Not to mention it does pass the time...rather than one pace the entire time.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!!! I get a mental block after about 5 mins and can't run anymore. But if I run outside I can run for miles! Maybe it's just the running in place and the psychological effect that it feels like I'm not going anywhere... :wink:
  • tam22
    tam22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a different approach to the treadmill. We don't have cable at home, and the cost of me joining the local gym was less than cable. So when I go, I bring my headphones and zone out to HGTV or (oddly enough) the FOOD CHANNEL. It's my guilty pleasure. I often forget I'm on it!
  • WhiteWanderer
    Options
    Sorry it’s not working for you. I can't say I agree though, since I plan to start using the treadmill myself soon. Most of my daily exercise comes from walking and bike riding, so I like having other options - which will be good since its my birthday next week and I don't think I will be able to stick to my goal for a few days;) I do, however, agree with the comment about running at intervals, and the one about watching the TV at the same time. It might be the key to success!
  • lchisum
    lchisum Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I prefer to get out, walking my dog, but when I do work out inside using my treadmill or Gazelle, I use my MP3 player...I love to read but reading has only added to my couch potato personality these last few years...until I discovered books on audio! Now, I read when I"m driving, walking on the treadmill, doing the dishes...etc Just a thought
  • jensocalgirl
    Options
    Running is seriously 80% mental and 20% physical. I believe that anyone can run but if there is that mental block it won't happen. Try telling yourself how much fun you're going to have listening to your music, people watching or watching TV... this could be good motivation. I also agree with intervals, knowing you only have to run for 4 min and then you walk for 2... it's like each song is a chance to change up your pace.
  • chicynth
    chicynth Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm not married to my treadmill but I can say that it is nice to have. I have tried to make it fun by dancing or jogging or changing up to incline during a 30 minute workout. But I also get out and take brisk walks, and do workouts with Gilad, along with doing Zumba twice a week. I have to mix it up, or I, too, will get bored. Hope you discover a routine that works out better for you. It's hard enough getting motivated to exericise in the first place.