Let's Say You Are Doing Everything Right.

Options
You are eating perfectly. You are hitting the Macros. You are staying right at the calories. You are exercising as planned and hitting it hard.

Now, keep in mind, I'm right at goal weight. I am only wanting to lose BF and waist size. So, probably diet is more important than anything else. I don't really care if I lose or gain weight. That is not my goal anymore, but I still monitor it.

Let's say you are doing all the things right...(at least, what you understand to be right). But, the measurements are not budging (weight, waist, or BF). How long do you wait before you change a variable? It could be changing some exercise, it could be diet, or it could be something else, like more water or more sleep or something like that.

My inclination is change something after 2 weeks of no movement. But, I could be wrong on this. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this. And, I am trying to be more patient and trying to change one variable at a time so I can see what works and what doesn't. I take my measurements once a week on Friday morning, after I pee.

TIA

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    For me it took more cardio to get my BF down.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I would say two or threee weeks is long enough to wait before picking one thing to change.

I might suggest measuring more than once a week, though. Otherwise that's only three measurements you're looking at, and that may not be enough to see a trend.
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am not doing 'everything right' by a long strech but I am interested in what response you get as my goals are simlar to yours...:blushing:
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Have you lifted weights?
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'd go with 4 weeks, i've had no movement for 2 weeks or longer so I'd want to be sure it wasn't just a natural plateau.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    According to your picture, it looks like you have. never mind me.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    OK. I am thinking two weeks is enough time. if i dont' see progress every week, and everything is nailed, then something is wrong. I either have to lower cals, increase cals, lower workouts or increase workouts or change the type of workouts or change the type of food. (Whew! I think that's all of it). I feel like I eat too much. I don't normally eat back my exercise cals either. So, i may drop some. I notice that the healthier I eat, the less I feel like I need.