CLA ? Anyone use it and really seen reuslts?

Options
I am starting a 1 month supply of GNC's CLA anyone have any good results to share with taking this yet ?

Please share your comments .... It would be greatly appreciated ! :smile:

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am starting a 1 month supply of GNC's CLA anyone have any good results to share with taking this yet ?

Please share your comments .... It would be greatly appreciated ! :smile:

The current body of research points to it's basically useless for body composition purposes
  • ThatNerdyGrl
    ThatNerdyGrl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everything I've ever read claims it takes months and months to see any results, and even then it's not much. I'm not a fan of it, personally.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for 8 weeks and NOTHING!!!! I am giving it until the end of the year.
  • bail8gent
    Options
    Thanks for the comments so far --- I appreciate it . ! trainer said not to use it and another trainer said it could help so I was confused and thought someone on MFP could advise !
  • rafqahachem
    Options
    I took it for 4 weeks and it made my triglyceride level go from 101 to 141. I did some research and found out that is a common side effect. Needless to say I dumped the giant bottle I bough at Costco. Save your $$$ Oh and it didn't help with weight loss.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It's just a healthy fat. If you're already taking fish oil, flax, MCT, etc, it's not going to do anything.
  • bail8gent
    Options
    Wow - Thanks -- I am def not going to start it ! Thanks again
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    You've got to dose it fairly high and long I see any results. Many other supplements out there that give a better bang for your buck.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Yep. Nope.

Just eat a balanced diet and exercise.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Crap. *tosses bottle in the trash*
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I started taking it when I plateaued...helped me start losing again.

2-1560mg capsules before each meal

{shrug}
  • trtmom
    trtmom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    about 3 years ago I started using this because someone told me it would do my body good. Well about 2 weeks later I was sitting in church and almost blacked out. Felt completely weird and my heart was racing. Went to the hospital by ambulance and told the doctors that I started CLA and they pretty much told me to dump it out, don't take it anymore. I didn't and haven't taken any "diet supplements" since.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    about 3 years ago I started using this because someone told me it would do my body good. Well about 2 weeks later I was sitting in church and almost blacked out. Felt completely weird and my heart was racing. Went to the hospital by ambulance and told the doctors that I started CLA and they pretty much told me to dump it out, don't take it anymore. I didn't and haven't taken any "diet supplements" since.

really? CLA is just a form of an EFA.