Have dropped 40lb in 10 months!

Options
While I dont consider myself a success story yet, my family does. They suggested I share my story so here goes:

My mom, brother, and I have tried several times in the past to lose weight and have contests, but the motivation was never there. After seeing a picture at my heaviest 212lb, I decided we should all try again. January 1st of this year we all weighed in and took a picture of ourselves. I was mortified. I cut my calories to 1500 and started exercising regularly. In the first month i lost 8lb! I've had my challenges, and setbacks, but i continue to push on, even if i dont lose weight during a month. My calorie intake is now at 1200 and I'm working out 5 days a week. As of November 1st i weighed 172, so 40lb lighter! My ultimate goal is to lose 20 more by Jan 1st of 2013, but I know the last few pounds are hard to get off, plus thats 10lb a month so I dont want to make myself sick or anything. Thats my story in a nutshell, I would be glad to share more specifics if anyone wants them!

Replies

• Prettydoll589
    Prettydoll589 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amazing! you are an inspiration to all of us!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Did you recently join MFP? Congrats on your loss so far, your perseverence is inspiring!
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i joined back in may. I'm just now getting into it more.
  • Fierystrawberry
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I used to weight 193 in Jan and did a lot of work to get to 162 lately i been slacking big time thanks for the help. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!