Newbie :)

Options
Hi there. I've been on this site once before about a year ago for a few months and I was doing great. It helped having the app on my phone but I don't have that luxury at the moment. I can't bring myself to get motivated again. I have kept off only 4 of the lbs out of 11 that I lost in the those two or three short months. I didn't try as hard as I should have then and I definitely haven't been this time around. I can't seem to get motivated whatsoever. My husband and I have decided to buy each other bikes for xmas though and we should have those in a few more weeks. Is cycling around in the yard and old roads decent enough exercise? What are some other starters you can give me? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. My first goal is to have lost 10 lbs by Dec 13th, which is my next yearly checkup. I am very overweight, obese is more like it. 306lbs and only 5'2". I guess that's about it for now. Thanks for reading.

Yours truly, April :)

Replies

• mgarciar
    Options
    You can definitely lose 10 lbs by then!!!. Begin eating healthier little by little. If you usually eat two pizzas, eat one and add sad instead. Do not do drastic changes, staying on track will be harder. I have been able to lose 33 lbs in the past 4 months. Most of that is due to my eating habits. I still eat really yummy food, but I have learn to substitute many things. I have also incorporated different types of exercises. Cycling is wonderful for losing weight, another thing you could try out is swimming and walking frequently. Also, drink lots water. It will help you stay full through out the day. Drink about 8 cups or more. It should help :)
  • AprilLove13
    Options
    Thanks for replying. I've been trying to up my water intake. I have another question, maybe you'll know the answer to, does not being active cause migraines? I have been having "small" ones constantly. I'm hoping actually getting in a little exercise will help them. I haven't been diagnosed with them or anything, so I guess I should refer to them as headaches even though they do not feel the same. What are some good substitutions? Just so I can get an idea when I'm grocery shopping tomorrow. Thanks again.