smoothie w coffee recipe request

Options
ripemango
ripemango Posts: 534 Member
I was wondering if any of you use liquid coffee in your smoothies? I'd love to hear how some of you incorporate coffee into your smoothie!

Replies

• SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've never done it, but I'm curious if others have!
  • lswin7137
    lswin7137 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate or vanilla protein smoothie with 1tsp of instant coffee every morning. Really good!
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump for coffee!
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I just saw this video from Zuzana Light the banana mocha looks really good!

http://youtu.be/eJyToW3uzW0
  • Notyourrevolution
    Notyourrevolution Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I often freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays so that if I want an iced coffee it isn't watered down (great trick I learned from Oso Negro in Nelson, BC) and sometimes my BF uses them rather than regular ice in smoothies. He'll do some cubes with vanilla protein and yoghurt. It's kinda like a frap...
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I make an "iced mocha" with leftover brewed coffee. 8 fl oz coffee, 8 fl oz milk, scoop of chocolate protein powder, and a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder. Blend and pour over ice. I add some stevia powder or agave if I want it sweeter.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I save all left over coffee in a pitcher for iced coffee in the summer mostly. I do love a cup of iced coffee, a cup of soy, almond, coconut milk...(whatever you like) and 2 scoops of either vanilla or chocolate protein powder. Use a shaker or throw it in the blender so the protein powder gets well incorporated. Oh so yummy!!! By using iced coffee and cold milk I find I don't need ice which really only dilutes any good drink!!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm sooo doing this :)
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    BUMP, I'm trying this!
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    One scoop vanilla protien, 1 cup coffee, 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 frozen banana, ice and sweetner to taste (I throw in one packet of Stevia). Delicious!!!
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Buuump I'm thirtsy.
  • sabyx_is1
    sabyx_is1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I made Zuzana's Banana Mocha Smoothie today but subtituted a few things, so the ingredients were as follows:

1 tbsp peanut butter (creamy or crunchy will do)
    1 cup coconut milk
    1/2 cup soy yoghurt
    1 and 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 banana

I skipped the coffee because it gives me headaches ( I suppose I can't call it Mocha Smoothie anymore) and used soy yoghurt instead of the greek one. My banana wasn't frozen, nor did I have any ice cubes at hand and it was DELICIOUS! I'm sure the ice/frozen banana would've given it a frappucino twist so I'll definitely try it next time!
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I make Herbalife shakes at home but the "recipe" could be applied to any other protein or similar shakes.

I add one folgers instant coffee single serve tube to the blender with 1 tbsp sugar free white chocolate pudding mix and 1 tbsp peanut butter. So delicious! Sometimes I add a shot of caramel coffeee syrup or a banana.
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • radeex
    Options
    Cold-brew coffee is great for smoothies, because it's highly concentrated (as strong as espresso, depending on how long you brew it). You can add one or two shots to your smoothies to add a nice coffee flavor (and, more importantly, caffeine) without making your smoothies too liquidy. It's also low on acid so it'll play better with your other ingredients.