going over calorie limit

Options
clarkeje1
clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
When you guys go over do you log everything or do you just stop after a while and say "You know what, I went over and that's all you need to know!" Sometimes I'll do that, I'm over like 4,000 or so calories (with fast food, snacks, alcohol combined) and I just say screw it for the day. Does anyone else do this or am I the only horrible person? Be honest!

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I do not go over very often, but I always log it when I do.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't even know if I've gone over because I take a meal or even a day off from logging everything. But I've never purposely skipped logging my meal because I knew it would go over. If I sit down to log at all, I include the good, the bad, and the ugly.
  • tokataro
    tokataro Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYthing, even if I drink a whole case of beer. If I'm going to be bad, the least I can do is be honest with myself about it.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I log everything, even the bad days, it's only me that I'd be lying to if I didn't.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    You're not a horrible person for doing that. I do it too. I am trying not to, because I want more data. It seems to me that I can tweak my numbers more effectively if I have an accurate count of what I'm actually putting into the system. But I'm not perfect, sometimes I forget, and sometimes I'm just too embarrassed to own up, even to myself. Like, I lost those 6 lbs, but then I gained them (and 2) back, and I haven't logged my weight as higher... Now that I've put it in writing, I feel like I should log it and own up. :/
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I may be reduced to sheer guesstimation, but guess and log I do. If I can't look back and see when those times were I might miss a correlation (and hence miss a chance to head those times off in the first place).
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't log it. I have a free day on Sunday's and I don't log a thing because I already know I am over and I don't see why I need to waste my time searching for the foods I ate to log...I know I went over. I am accountable for that. I don't need to log it.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i like to see the ''your weight in 5 weeks will be....'' so everything gets logged

except water, i just cannot be bothered to log water intake
  • Medwayguy
    Options
    Quote : I'm over like 4,000 or so calories (with fast food, snacks, alcohol combined) ...

Perhaps you should rethink your goals!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I don't log cheat days, but if I go over unplanned, then I log it.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I log pretty faithfully, and last Friday when I went over, I still logged everything because I do it for me and I want to see what I'm doing. But, Saturday my sister called me and asked me if I would come to her town because her husband had moved out and she needed some support. I went right away; it's about a 2.5 hour drive, and on the way I hit a deer. So I was stuck there until I could buy one. We did some drinking, at a lot of my niece's halloween candy, ate a lot of stuff that wasn't in the database and I couldn't find any nutritional information for, so I just said, "I'm almost definitely going over, but it's a couple days of my life and I won't be derailed" and then quit trying until I got home. Got home Monday and yesterday I logged everything and doubled up the work outs to make up for the one I skipped. I don't think that makes me a horrible person!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    i like to see the ''your weight in 5 weeks will be....'' so everything gets logged

Seriously? The water logging part is the easiest of all!
  • tokataro
    tokataro Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Like, I lost those 6 lbs, but then I gained them (and 2) back, and I haven't logged my weight as higher... Now that I've put it in writing, I feel like I should log it and own up. :/

I've heard a lot of other people say they don't log weight gain either. I log my gain, and I log when I lose it back- just because I've already lost those pounds once, doesn't make them any easier to lose the second time, and I still deserve credit!
  • jeokay20
    Options
    i purposely dont log in food in the weekend bec its more than likely i go over. but when its during the week i log everythinnggggg in
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYthing, even if I drink a whole case of beer. If I'm going to be bad, the least I can do is be honest with myself about it.

This. Exactly. See all the Halloween candy in my diary the last week.
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I log everything, but I do it for myself. I like to see what my pattern is when I am losing...staying the same or even going back up. I don't ever go over anymore because I have just made this a way of life for me and honestly it has been so worth it:smile:
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Sometimies screw ups happen after I already closed my diary for the day and my binge is SO out of control that it's even impossible to remember what I gobbled down. Those days are few and far in between and very shameful to admit so NO, I don't log it in... :tongue:
  • _april
    _april Posts: 10
    Options
    I log everything except water. No matter how bad, which it often is as I tend to consume tons of sugar.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Seriously? The water logging part is the easiest of all!

well it's psychological, i can skip logging that, but not my food. skipping something! i'm a rebel :P
  • MOEMOEONTHERADIO
    MOEMOEONTHERADIO Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I feel like being honest with myself about my calories is very important. If I didnt then Id probably let myself slip up more often. By being able to go back and say "maybe I shouldnt have had those flautas because they were so high in calories" I can prevent myself from slipping up again. Especially with Alcohol. I actually factor in those calories at the beginning of the day if I know I am going out. I can tell myself, Ive set these aside to drink, I know how many drinks I can have without going over. Then I plan my food and needed cardio around it.

I just think being honest with yourself will prevent future mistakes and help you suceed in your journey.