Exertion headaches

Options
Have you had them before if so how did you cure them?

Replies

• mercymarque
    Options
    I've had them while exercising.... It was due to not having enough water.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I have had headaches from to much caffeine, so now I watch what I drink on lifting days that I plan on using a pre workout sup. that has caffeine,,,,,, not sure if you are getting headaches at the gym but this could be the reason
  • lalzamora
    lalzamora Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I experienced exertion headaches when I switched to early morning exercise. When I exercised in the evening it was not a problem. I did a little web search and found the suggestion that it could be that I needed to replace electrolytes. Water was not enough. I now drink a sports drink after my morning runs and have no problem. Try that for a few days.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Quite often caused by poor hydration. Drink more in the hours before you exercise.
  • CressidaJL
    CressidaJL Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get these, and haven't found anything that helps beyond taking a Dioralyte half an hour before exercising to replace electrolytes. Just drinking water - up to 2L! - just made me really nauseated during exercise. Give that a go?
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I got them a few times, but now I really focus on my breathing and I haven't had one in a while.

breathe.jpg
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    that is what I attribute them to as well. I don't have an issue w them anymore by making sure I drink plenty of water the night before exercising. I exercise in the morning. I have a glass of water pre-workout, during working out and afterwards as well.
    I've had them while exercising.... It was due to not having enough water.
  • dandaninc
    Options
    I agree with most people here...

LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER AND BREATHING CORRECTLY :bigsmile: