Breakfast Ideas

Options
HELP!!! I am stuck on healthy breakfast ideas. I don't have much time in the morning to sit down and eat breakfast. I have mostly been packing a glass of chocolate soy milk and 1 serving of chocolate little bites cerel. It is better for me and my schedule to pack something and eat it at work. i could some help.

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I take pre measured honey bunches of oats (1/4 cup) mashed in a snack bag and a bananna when I'm ready to eat I just roll my banana in the mixture and its really yummy

or a packet of oatmeal

or you can make egg white mini omletts wraped in a low fat tortillia (or bread) ahead of time and freeze them, grab one and heat it up at work.

=)
  • mayasmom
    mayasmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My favorite of the week is a low-calorie tortilla spread with 1T creamy peanut butter with 1/2 banana smashed on top of that. Roll it up...wrap it up...ready to eat. Yum!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    at walmart I found a thing that you can cook eggs in the microwave with. They turn out yummy and only take 1 minute. I found them in the microwave aisle.
    Put it between a bagel or toast and there you go
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I usually have a packet of oatmeal & a yogurt. Sometimes to change it up, I will have a packet of grits. :tongue: I love grits & just a teaspoon of butter to give flavor. Also, some days I just have a Special K protein strawberry shake & it keeps me filling full. You could also try boiling an egg to take to work. Just peel & eat!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I ound some tortilla's that are low carb, high fiber, and have 50 calories in them. I throw in some eggs, turkey bacon, cheese, and salsa. Once they're made, you can freeze them and then heat them up at work. Now I use the whole egg and the regular cheese but you can sub the reduced fat cheese and the egg whites to make it even healthier. Mine end up with 310 calories, 12 g carbs, 51 g protein and like 10 g of fat (I think) and they're pretty good sized.

Other options - Jimmy Dean has a whole grain english muffin with turkey sausage, egg white and reduced fat cheese. Very tasty. They also have a breakfast bowl with turkey sausage, potatoes, reduced fat cheese and eggs. Also very yummy.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Most mornings I have cottage cheese or Greek yogurt with a variety of fresh fruit toppings (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, pineapple, grape, etc.) and it comes out to about 200 cal. If it's a day I plan heavy exercise, I will add a slice of toast with peanut butter (another 200 cal).

Around 10 I plan for a snack of apple, banana, protein bar or fresh veges.
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try making a smoothie. 1 cup FF vanilla yogurt, 1 cup frozen wild blueberries, 1 cup milk. It comes in around 300 calories and sticks with you all morning. You can make it the night before and keep it in the fridge. You can change up and add different berries, fruits and even avocado. Super easy and tastes great.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Egg and whole wheat toast...carbs, fats, pros, and fiber....awesome!
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    i have NO time in the AM either (well weekends i do). i usually grab a fiber one chocolate and oats bar (i actually get the store brand and its the same) and an apple or banana or yogurt, these are things i can take to work. if you like eggs, you can hard boil then and take them fast. making eggs with toast in YUMMY but i dont even have time for that...maybe weekends...that walmart thing that cooks them in the microwave sounds good thoug.

i also have had the special K breakfast shake (chocolate) its not bad and i'll have something like fruit if i remember it, its filling though.
  • CinthyNair
    CinthyNair Posts: 261
    Options
    I take skim milk and soymilk powder with some low fat granola. The days when I am pressed for time, a protein shake does the trick!
  • IdalieBeyer
    IdalieBeyer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to have a shakeology from beach body meal replacement, with non fat milk, banana, and some ice. It comes in these little packets that you can just throw in your bag, stir it with milk, and have a banana on the side. If you have it at home just throw everything in a blender and you're set. I also like to mix it with cold coffee and make a "mocha shake."
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I make a dozen Trader joe Triple Berry Muffins and freeze them. (they have all natural ingredients). I also sometimes have a half of cup of part skim ricotta cheese with cinnamon and about ten blueberries... surprisingly, it is awesome.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I do oatmeal in a coffee mug and eat it in the car quite often. I also love canadian bacon, scrambled eggs (1 egg & 2 whites) and cheese on a sandwich thin. You can cook eggs in a coffee much in the microwave, I think it's 1 minute per egg. You can also check out hungry-girl.com, they have a bunch of recipes for breakfasts on the road.
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I drink a protein shake every morning. I have very little time in the morning and am always running late. I bought one of the blender systems with individual cups and it is really fast. I mix one scoop of protein shake mix with 8 oz. of skim milk, blend for about 10 seconds and then just have to clean the cup I drank out of. It is super easy and fast. Some of the protein shakes take a couple days to get used to as far as taste, but after that you're good. The best part...........under 200 calories and if you find one with around 30 grams of protein, it will keep you full for about 4 hours.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I have rice cakes with peanut butter every morning. It keep me full until lunch. You could also have an English Muffin with peanut butter, but I'm gluten intolerant, so rice cakes it is! :tongue:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    at walmart I found a thing that you can cook eggs in the microwave with. They turn out yummy and only take 1 minute. I found them in the microwave aisle.
    Put it between a bagel or toast and there you go

I have one of those too!! It's like a little microwave omelet maker! I love it... makes perfect breakfasts or lunches for work :wink:
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    The jimmy dean de-lights sandwiches are yummy, and heat up in a microwave in three minutes or less

Quaker oatmeal is quick and easy to make
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I do one serving of thin sliced low fat lunch meat (usually 5 or 6 slices...I weigh it) and 2 low fat cheese sticks, one of which is string cheese. I eat it on the way to work. If I take really small bites and string the cheese, it takes me like 20 minutes to eat and my mind thinks I have eaten a great big meal, but have only taken in about 150 calories...and some MAJOR protien...a great start to the day...then I have a packet of flavored oatmeal with 1 serving of sugar free French Vanilla Creamer (powder) in it about 10am (I eat breakfast around 5 am) it is SUPER yummy with the French Vanilla...people come by asking if someone has cotton candy!!!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    I'm pressed for time too in the mornings so I usually eat a Luna Bar and fruit (grapes, apples, peaches, nectarines; things that are easy to eat on the run) - I can eat it in the car easily.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I found some good ideas in one of the "eat this, not that" books. There were also some great breakfast ideas in the Jan or Feb issue of Runners World.