Young woman trying to lose 57 pounds. Any buddies?

Options
2»

Replies

• mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    too true :)
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    Its about 1 lb a week, so its very safe. The recomended weightloss is 1-2 lbs per week. However most people don't loose that much because you will hit plateaus. However if you work at it and keep faith you can do it. I had the same goal and it looks like I will be just short of it loosing 52 lbs this year by the time by one year mark roles around in mid June. I have consistently lost a lb per week, every week on average.
    Wow 57 pounds in one year? That's a lot, I'm not sure that's safe. But you are young yet and that will help you out a lot. If your looking for a friend, feel free to add me. I also just started and I'm highly motivated. I've been at it for a week and have been kicking but with working out. No weight loss yet, but I'm not upset yet. Its only been 6 days and I'm always under my calorie goal and about my work out goal. So if you ever need a pep talk, let me know!

The biggest thing I looked at is its not just losing weight, its a life change. You want to be healthy, fit and look good, but be happy too. Do something fun, reward yourself with a pedicure or manicure when you hit a certain goal. Or a girls weekend at a spa! Somehting to motivate you.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    oh this is exactly what i was looking for!!!!

Hi! I'm Emma and I'm 19 years old and I'm GOING to lose 40 pounds. It's so nice to find people out there closer to my age group, trying to lose weight. I hope we can all support each other in reaching our goals, maybe share some tips and things we find challenging? I've lost eight pounds but with finals, I think i gained like half of it back, but lets not dwell on the negatives!
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm trying to lose another 60lbs or so as well. I've already lost close to 30. But still have like 64 to go to reach my first goal. I'll be your buddy. Just add me as a friend. I know people who are vegetarians and I think that the hardest struggle for you will be obtaining enough protein in your diet to remain healthy and making sure you eat enough calories. Well best of luck to you.

Amisha