Diva cups & exercise

Options
I just bought my first Diva Cup & I'm excited yet nervous. My sister swears by it, anyone else have any tips / suggestions!?!

Replies

• jannisr
    jannisr Posts: 1
    Options
    I love it and swear by it too! Had one for 7 years or so. Way better than any other product...half the time I forget I'm even using it. Plus it is awesome for exercising with. Your sister is right! Enjoy and think of all the money you'll be saving!!!!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Awesome, well day #1 and I got it in, it went up high but they said gravity brings it back down..... here's to hoping for good results! EEKS so funny how something new can be so nervewracking! I'm very excited for the cost savings and the whole not having bleached cotton shoved up my yoni!
  • jamies76
    jamies76 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mine goes up high and never comes down on its own. I'm glad I waited on trimming the end, otherwise I'd have major difficulties removing it! :O I haven't done any intense exercise with it in because I have endometriosis--I'm lucky if I can walk at a slow pace during my period.

I've found that running warm water over it makes it more malleable and aids insertion.
  • laceylou0702
    Options
    Thanks for that info, I did use the warm water :)
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I do really high intensity cardio and kickboxing in mine with no problems. It was too long for my body and I had trouble with it irritating me. I trimmed the stem all the way and it was still too long. So I turned it wrong side out and it is perfect. Doesn't hold quite as much but it is so much more comfortable. A little tmi maybe, but I share because I would have never thought about turning it that way. I've been using it about five months, three months turned out and I don't ever want to use anything else. No problems with positioning or leaks during exercise!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I haven't head problems with exercising at all. I have never tried to swim with it in though.
  • cali798x
    cali798x Posts: 32
    Options
    I love, love, love mine! and have had zero problems! I swear by them too, if you couldn't already tell.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I've run, biked, done squats + deadlifts, various other strength training with mine... all with no problem at all.

If you're just getting used to using one, I do recommend doing the "use the stem to turn it around twice" thing to make sure there's a good seal... it takes a little practice and it can be easy to put it in wrong.

But yeah, love mine. Wish someone had told me about it when I was 12, 'cuz I would have saved so much money!
  • laceylou0702
    Options
    I am so sold & in love & I haven't even done anything but sit at my desk all day. lol

I will be recommending this to everyone & can't wait to exercise without feeling so icky!
  • amzasmommy
    amzasmommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've done yoga, pilates, firm dvds, walking, etc with it with no problems. I second everything everyone else has already said.
  • sarahjay1
    sarahjay1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Love it! Absolutely a must for any exercise.
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Day 1 trying it through intense kickboxing session - no leaks! Don't even know it's there. Love the Diva Cup. Best decision ever!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love it. I've been using it exclusively for almost 2 years and it has made my period so much easier to deal with. Enjoy yours!
  • sazzlewilson
    Options
    I've never heard of this before but will be googling it now! Thanks ladies!
  • sweetpeaz12345
    sweetpeaz12345 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WOW! this is the first time i've heard about this.. I might have to dry one
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I tried it once, was super excited for the cheaper, eco friendly, body friendly option. Got a yeast infection every single time for 3 months and then threw it away. I used the "Diva wash", boiled the thing, everything. I am just so prone to them. I was very sad. Good luck to you!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have used the Diva Cup for about 8 years now and I wish I had known about them decades ago. They are safer, cleaner, and more secure than tampons, for sure.
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    im on my 3rd cycle with Diva Cup. It all depends on how you bend it when youre getting it inside and I just listen for that small sucking sound that tells me its suctioned to my U. no leaks. so handy. less money spent on TOM and i dont have to lug around suitcases of tampons everywhere I go now.