Working out from Home

Options
Does anyone else work out from home with little no machinery. What kinds of work outs so you do.

Replies

• LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred? You can just get it on YouTube, and it's a great workout. No equipment needed except a couple of weights, and you could just use a couple of cans of food if you don't have weights!
  • Andrea3030
    Options
    Jilliam Michaels Shed and Shred...I got it for $9 at Walmart. I am 5'7, 160 lbs and according to my HRM I burn about 350 calories during workout 1 (40 minutes). I haven't tried workout 2. I use one 8 lb dumbbell (also purchased at Walmart).
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have a fitness room so I often use the elliptical there but otherwise I also do walking (with my dog is always faster), stairs, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, burpees and and all that fun boot camp stuff. Every day I'm adding new actaivities I can do at home and when I need a good workout I pick 4-5 and mix and match them for 50-100 reps eacha nd go to work. Burns about 450 calories for about an hour of workout if I push myself.

Tonight I have a partner and we're doing this:
    100 Pushups : HOLD Toe Taps on the stairs
    100 Suicide Jumps (Burpees, without push-up) : HOLD Plank on your elbows
    100 Situps : HOLD Wall Sit
    100 Air Squats : HOLD Jumping Jacks

So one person does 10 of the first exercise while the other does the HOLD one and we switch off so we each do 50 reps (100 total) no equipment needed.
  • Bethypfy
    Options
    Right now i am doing Denise Austins ultimate fat burn workout...you can get it on youtube (i have a playstation so i can get it through the tv and have that "work out video" experience) shes very positive and her workouts are great! (no weights or equipment needed at all)
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of workouts on YouTube. I've been using FitnessBlender most recently. I'm not ready for JMichaels!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I and my wife have some minor equipment in the living room in cupboards.Stretch bands and cords, dumpbells, and kettlebells. Also use the stairs for some workouts. We also have a cycle with arms so you have to use legs and hands to pedal that gives good aerobic workout. I also go for a walk every day 45 - 90 minutes.

There is a lot you can do with minimal equipment.

See also the book - You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible Of Bodyweight Exercises For Men And Women

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7907805-you-are-your-own-gym
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home. I have an exercise bike which I use, and I do Jillian Michael's videos (on youtube), I also do weight-lifting with a good pair of adjustable dumbbells. You dont need to spend a lot, but with the dumbbells you would need to learn how to do moves properly... but there is a wealth of information out there. You can also find a lot of body-weight workouts if you search on google for them.
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I work out from home and I have Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, Turbo Jam basicly anything Chalean Johnson puts out. I also have some bowflex select tech weights, which gives me a lot of weight in a small area. You could look into beachbody they have some amazing workouts for people who don't want to go to a gym or cann't afford a yearly gym membership.
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. its an awesome workout! Definitely gets you sweating and all you need are hand weights. A mat is also helpful if you are on hard surface. It is also on youtube
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If you have Pinterest look up workouts or fitness, there are all kinds of workouts you can pin and do at home. I do a circuit training type workout with small weights, squats, lunges, etc. Doing it with weights, even tiny ones, makes it harder, and burns more calories.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love my kettlebells.

I also recently bought RushFit and the only things I needed was a set of dumbells.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can also look at www.bodyrock.tv and youtube. Resistance bands are cheap too and can be purchases at walmart, d1cks sporting goods or any sports store. Or you can pick up a kettle bell exercise kit.
  • JuiceyJeena
    JuiceyJeena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys. I usually do leslie sansone walk a way the pounds , jumping rope, a little circuit training, and a little step aerobics.
  • luvScott
    luvScott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I mix up yoga (both Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels videos because they're slightly more athletic), Tae Bo, and running. Love mixing them up!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I own all of Jillian Michaels' DVDs and I rotate them out. This has given me far better results than the gym ever did, and all it cost me was the DVDs and some hand weights.
  • moonpieto
    moonpieto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I work out at home and walk and have lost 33 lbs without machinery.
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    I check out exercise DVDs from the library Some of my favorites are Tae Bo, Leslie Sansone, and Richard Simmons (don't judge me),
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bob harpers :"total body transformation" it's a KILLER I cannot get through a workout and it's been almost a week. I've done Jillian michaels 30ds and it's good. lost a few inches and my love handles are gone for the most part.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Never stepped foot in a gym, never will.

The first half or so of my weight loss was me sticking with EA Sports Active 2.0 on PlayStation 3. All of the workouts on EASA2 can be done without a PS3 or copy of the software if you know what to do (you could likely find the info all over the web); all you really need is a set of dumbells or resistance band. After that, I branched out and do whatever I want, including some equipment I bought like a treadmill, punching bag, and weights.
  • chrisc16
    Options
    I do resistance bands for some strength and ride a bike for 30 minutes daily. Been working fine for me. In fact, I always ride by a local gym with signs looking for new members....haven't joined yet.