Protein shakes

Options
I have never bought protein shakes before, can anyone recommend a brand that I can get like at walmart, meijers, krogers for a decent price? I'm looking to get lean and toned, I took a sip of one of my friends protein shake before and it tasted horrible, I hope all protein shakes are not like that. If there is one that actually taste ok and not have a strong aftertaste would be awesome. Thanks in advance! :bigsmile:

Replies

• akmlebre
    akmlebre Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use muscle milk you can get it in individual servings or in a big bucket of powder I think 2.5 pounds for 35 dollars at GNC. i usually drink the vanilla lite after my work out.
  • conraj74
    conraj74 Posts: 182
    Options
    The EAS brand at wal mart is ok. I like Optimum Nutrition, but you have to get it GNC or someplace similar
  • I work at a froyo bar and we have these protein shakes that are AWESOME, and i made them at home and it never turned out but now i know the secret to making them taste good! We use body fortress Vanilla for the protein powder.

1/2 glass full of ice
    1 cup cut strawberries
    1/2 bannana
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    1 scoop protein pweder
    little squirt of Agave nectar * this is what i never used in mine and it makes a world of difference.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Body fortress at walmart, couple of flavor options, and then jazz them up with fruit, yogurt, sugar free pudding, extracts, or whatever floats your float:laugh:
  • nellie8707
    Options
    I have the Jillian Micheals one in vanilla, and its pretty darn good! LOL
  • geeniusatwurk
    geeniusatwurk Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The EAS brand at wal mart is ok. I like Optimum Nutrition, but you have to get it GNC or someplace similar

You can get ON on Amazon for much cheaper (like 50 bucks for a 5 pound tub). I think Optimum Nutrition makes the best tasting whey with a good nutrition profile.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have never bought protein shakes before, can anyone recommend a brand that I can get like at walmart, meijers, krogers for a decent price? I'm looking to get lean and toned, I took a sip of one of my friends protein shake before and it tasted horrible, I hope all protein shakes are not like that. If there is one that actually taste ok and not have a strong aftertaste would be awesome. Thanks in advance! :bigsmile:

EAS Lean...you can get it at Walmart or Target
  • garrarda
    garrarda Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Agree...EAS lean at Walmart. Better made with skim milk than water.
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    GNC lean shakes are great I usually mix them with yogurt and it taste like a milkshake!
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Eas lean are pretty good.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition.

Keep in mind that protein shakes are not a requirement for getting lean. It's perectly fine to get your protein through foods.
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I use Now Sports Pea Protein. It's "unflavored", so I add it in smoothies and drinks, or even oatmeal to make "proatmeal". It's about $17 for 2 pounds. I only use a half a scoop in each smoothie recipe because although it's technically unflavored, it still has an acquired taste you have to ease yourself into. Cheers!

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Pea-Protein-lbs/dp/B001DB4MFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352342812&sr=8-1&keywords=now+sports+pea+protein
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I have the Jillian Micheals one in vanilla, and its pretty darn good! LOL

I have the Jillian Michaels chocolate one. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk, its delicious! :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Keep in mind that protein shakes are not a requirement for getting lean. It's perectly fine to get your protein through foods.
    ^Everyone is about to come in here and quote this because it's what they're thinking :tongue:
  • WendySue67
    WendySue67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress. Buy it at Walmart and there are printable coupons on their website that make it super cheap. Toss it in the blender with a cup of skim milk and about 1 1/2 cups of ice and it is DELICIOUS. Cookies and Cream is my personal favorite.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I drink Muscle Milk Lite Chocolate (@HEB and Kroger) and every morning, and occasionally, I have OH YEAH! which are very tasty ( a little more pricey), but have lots of protein, and they are at HEB.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'll buy the target store brand of protein shakes. buy chocolate and vanilla. rejoice.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a pre- made shake, I like Pure Protein. pretty sure it's sold at Walmart in a 4-pack. I get mine at Sam's Club. 30 g protein, 160 calories, 5 g carb, 3 g fat, 3 g fiber. I haven't tried the vanilla, but the chocolate is good
  • yogeshsarkar
    yogeshsarkar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Using EAS 100% Whey, mix it with warm or cold milk and it tastes pretty good, without any added sugar.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

This.