my journey

Options
Well im 7 days into this diet/exercies plan. I want to lose weight and live a heathier lifestyle so badly. I am 42 years old and heavier than i have ever been in my life. I have always been on the heavy side but over the past two years i have let it get way out of control. Its time for a change! I have been around 200 lbs give or take most of my adult life and didnt really work at it as I was active with work and play. Two years ago i got an office job where i work on a computer all day long..dont get me wrong i love my job but the down side is there is very little physical activity so i have lost alot of muscle and gained alot of weight...I weighed in at 260 seven days ago and this morning I weighed in at 255. But even though i lost five lbs i still have had a rough couple days..just wanting to say screw it..i need patience first and i could use support second. My mom keeps telling me i rock for doing this but really she is the only one. Most of my friends are already sick of hearing me talk about calories and the exercise i have done. I also have quit smoking ...31 days today YIPPEEE :-) i have quit smoking before and went back and forth with it over the years. This time needs to be the last time i quit!! i know i can do this but it would help if i had some friends to talk to and support eachother..so if you are interested send me a friend request.

Replies

• JayneesGotAGut
    JayneesGotAGut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are making amazing strides. Hang in there and keep us updated! :)
  • VerucaSult
    VerucaSult Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HANG IN THERE!!!! You landed in the right spot for motivation and support!!! Congrats on the smoking part, if you can do that you can do this!!! I'm 40, and was exactly where you are a year ago... I lost twenty before I came here but it was hard. MFP is amazing... feel free to add me if you want some extra support!!! I have 45 lbs to go to goal!!!