Hi New Here and Have Question

my3lovebugs
my3lovebugs Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Renee, new to My Fitness Pal. I was wondering how many times are you suppose too or should you weight yourself?

Replies

• LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    As a general rule, you should weigh once a week. A lot of people weigh every day. (I'm one of them) I don't weight to get encouraged or discouraged, I weigh daily to make sure I'm not gaining. But I only log my weights once a week. (Or when I lose)

Others may offer more ideas.

Good luck this is a great place to start!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Most people recommend once a week at the most often. If you weigh too often, daily fluctuations will create frustration.
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    i weigh daily - depends on you really.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    He Renee, I also like to weigh in daily, but I start on sunday, end on saturday, then add up all my weights and divide by the number of weigh ins that week. I find this to be the most accurate method for me.
  • chefcc
    chefcc Posts: 143
    I weigh in once a week on Sunday morning when I first get up.
  • Thank you all for your comments. I think I'm a once a week kinda gal. I'm eager to see where i'm at come Sunday.:smile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I weigh daily so I can make sure that what I'm doing is working. I do know that just before my TOM my weight is going to be 1-2 pounds higher. I only record it on here when there's a change in my weight.
This discussion has been closed.