Not losing weight

Options
So, here is my question. I've been doing really good on MFP. I've lost 49 lbs since May 2, 2012. I was losing 10 a month. Then, I had to take care of some medical issues. The weight loss was going slower. Well, all my results are good & I'm in good health, so I've really been more motivated. I am working out a lot more and my calorie intake is 1200. I've noticed that I'm no longer losing any weight. I want to say I am losing inches. Which is a good thing. I'm wondering if I need to up my calorie intake on the days I'm working out? I wonder this because I usually have SO much energy and feel like once I'm on the treadmill I don't want to stop. Well, last night I had NO energy. And had to get off only after a half a mile. I did do the bike and my cardio DVD with weights. Any input is greatly appreciated. I need to get back on track so I can continue towards my goal. I'm never giving up, I'm just frustrated. Thanks.

Replies

• kaylad8528
    kaylad8528 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight and become more fit, your resting metabolism burns more energy during the day, but exercise also becomes easier, and doesn't have the same effect it used to. This is why your energy is up, and your exercising is successful!

Muscle mass is actually heavier than fat mass, since it is more dense. Just because you aren't losing weight doesn't mean you aren't losing fat. You are losing inches, which means you are getting more fit! And isn't that really what it's about?

Maybe it's time to reconsider your goal? It may be that your ideal weight isn't as low as you think it should be. Maybe your goal should be a dress size instead.

Just a few ideas and thoughts. Congratulations on your dedication and success!