Most exciting 100 calories!

Options
I would find it really useful to make a list of really fillling and healthy 100 calorie snacks, both savoury and sweet to fall back on at moments of weakness! Does anyone have any ideas that I might use (I'm veggie)?

Thanks,

Replies

• redbat
    redbat Posts: 9
    Options
    Options Mint hot chocolate i only meant to be 38 calories a serving and it actually tastes really good. In fact after avoiding chocolate i found it a little bit on the sweet side so i didn't even have the whole cup.
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i've been eating blueberries, 125g only has about 40 kcals. i also love bread sticks, the ones i eat are only like 20 kcals a stick. i eat them when i fancy crisps lol.
  • justycrusty
    Options
    Specail K mini breaks are only 99 cals.

Rivita with philadelphia light and cucmber is really nice

I like carrot sticks and hummus too.
  • rbc_racing
    rbc_racing Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I second the carrot's they are very filling and they dont carry a high calorie count.
  • harborgirl
    Options
    Activia Light yogurt (any flavor, 70 calories) with fresh fruit (your choice, 30 calories worth)

11 almonds

sprouted grain toast with butter spray, cinnamon and sweetener

fudgsicle or root beer float bar (I love the Cool Classics brand from Ralph's grocery chain)

homemade mocha: 1 cup nonfat milk, 1-2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, artificial sweetener, plus cinnamon or flavored extract or a little coffee to flavor it... I actually use 1 cup coffee plus 1 cup milk and get a big mugful... yum

string cheese

1/2 banana with 1/2 tbs peanut butter

cup of low-cal soup (although the sodium can be high in some)

100-calorie bag of popcorn or cookies

100-calorie pudding cup

raw vegetable plate with hummus (Trader Joe's Eggplant Hummus is especially low in calories and really good)

4 Hershey's kisses or 2 Dove Promises
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm into Diabetic Chocolates and sugar free sweets!!
    The calories are lower but best thing is because they have no sugar they don't effect your sugar levels in blood so doesn't effect your weight loss, you can have something sweet when you really need it but without messing up your target!!

Also love Skinny Cow stuff, really low in cals, tastes great - again fab for anyone with sweet tooth!! :o)

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to take a small flour tortilla about 80 calories, with a piece of fat free turkey 20 calories, load it with lettuce (I don't count lettuce) and a tsp of southwestern spicy mustard (10 calories) or other equally low calorie dressing or bbq.
    Makes a good filling snack (almost feels like a mini meal) for about 110-120 calories. I stock up on it all every time I go to Walmart. (the only store open when I shop at 4 in the morning) :-)
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    4-6 Rice crackers and laughing cow cheese comes in under a 100 and I get to enjoy something crunchy and creamy and cheesy.
  • geri09
    geri09 Posts: 4
    Options
    Ainsley's Cup a soups are really good - and reasonably low in calories, very tasty and they get me through hard patches. The hot and sour is particularly nice, if you like that kind of thing, and only 57 calories. Much better than the "slim a soups" with the bland taste.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    THINaddictives Cranberry Almond Thins cookies. I buy them at Costco - a box of 20 individual 100 calorie packs.

Yummy :love:

Sue
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My current favorites.
    Celery and laughing cow cheese gives a nice crunch.
    Grapefruit (my current favorite fruit)
    String Cheese
  • sjkkkk
    sjkkkk Posts: 2
    Options
    Laughting Cow Cheese, and cucumber on a Pepperidge Farm Deli Flat (about 130 calories)

Hummus on cucumber slices

Roll ups using turkey breast slices, cucumber and hummus or Laughing cow cheese

Trader Joes kettle corn (either small bags or measure out a cup or 2) :smile:
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I keep individually packaed 1 ounce containers of low fat creem cheese in the office and spread it on whatever cracker I happen to have around.

Right now I have ritz which bumps it up to 140 but its definitely worth it.

If evver I am famished when I get home and feel too crazy hungry to think or cook straight I grab a pickle from the fridge and it seems to get my head back on stright.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Vita Tops muffins
    air popped popcorn
    veg with hummus
    small banana dipped in PB
    tofurky jerky or primal strips(found online at www.veganstore.com)
  • Tillymintball
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for such good ideas although some of them aren't available here in the UK but I can always adapt. Evenings at home are always my danger time although spending time on the Wii Fit helps, as does cleaning my teeth or listening to a Lose Weight hypnosis session. Not the same as a packet of crisps though...

Even more excitingly, I have just realised that a vodka and diet coke or gin and slimline tonic are just over 50 calories so I can have two!

Woohoo!!! :drinker:
  • niki7g
    niki7g Posts: 41
    Options
    I find having chopped carrots and washed cherry tomatos in the fridge a real munchie saver! Just open the door and there they are .. something to pop into my mouth when I'm feeling peckish!
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Quaker Chocolate Crunch rice cakes 60 calories each. Very good for a chocolate craving.
  • amberpaigee
    Options
    Special K mini breaks are 99 calories and very yummy if you are craving something sweet I fully recommend them! :)
  • justycrusty
    Options
    Vodka is only 50 cals? That's not bad I thought it was more. Cocktails are the worst, always the nicest things!

I agree with what you are saying bout UK, I'm from Ireland so don't have a lot of the foods either. And then a lot of the local stuff here isn't in MFP so you have to load it in yourself. I usually just pick something that is closest to it tho, bit lazy I guess!
  • jude25376
    Options
    thanks for all the tips guys very helpful, from Ireland so wiil have to adapt still great to hear u can still enjoy a snack and not feel guilty