How to calculate calories burned?

Options
Hi! I'm really new to exercising and just started being committed about two weeks ago.. I've been doing a "beginners running" workout on the treadmill, a ten minute standing Calisthenics, and just today I tried a ten minute "legs and arms" workout. For the running I use the treadmill's calories burned and for the standing Calisthenics the trainers who posted the video said how roughly many it should burn, but for this "legs and arms" workout I can't find any information or even know where to begin categorizing it.

This is a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3UaGJ2Djg
And if it matters, I did it using 3lb weights.

If anyone could help me out, by calculating it or instructing me on how to calculate it, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Replies

• SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The best way to track calories burnt during workouts is to wear a heart rate monitor. They're more accurate than the cardio machines and then you can see how many you've burnt while lifting weights as well =D
  • beccamorty
    beccamorty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The best way to track calories burnt during workouts is to wear a heart rate monitor. They're more accurate than the cardio machines and then you can see how many you've burnt while lifting weights as well =D

Oh, okay.. And then you can use your heart rate to measure calories burned? Sorry if that's a silly question but I have absolutely no knowledge of this stuff! Also can you recommend any cheaper brands or where to get them, since I'm on a student budget? :)