Time of weigh in

Options
I was just wondering how the time you weigh in affects your weight. I usually weigh in between 9:30 and 10:30 after a workout. But now I am working and not working out (grrrr). Not really going over my calorie amount (except on the weekends.. they are hard). Just wondering.

Thx.

Replies

• bigtechno
    Options
    I think as long as you weigh yourself on the same day / same time every week then you should be ok.
    I would keep away from weighing yourself after excersise though as it can give false readings as you have usually lost water through dehydrating you body
    I weigh myself every tuesday morning at 7.30am
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure when the best time of day to weigh yourself is, but I've always ended up being weighed early evening - usually as part of the diet and fitness class I'm going to and have kept to this when I'm not taking classes.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    most people weigh in first thing in the morning after all of your bathroom habits and before breakfast. TOM can impact your weight so depending on when you weigh in keep that in mind. If you are only weighing in once a month then you might want to consider that you are at your lightest about 3-7 days after your period ends (depends on your cycle length) but before the endometrial lining begins to build up again anticipating ovulation.

DD
  • marii92
    marii92 Posts: 77
    Options
    What DD said. I used to weigh myself every day, and become really frustrated. I've finally stopped that and now I weigh myself every Sunday mornng before Breakfast (usually around 10:30 - 11:30).
  • sandra68
    sandra68 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you weigh yourself on the same day / same time every week then you should be ok.
    I would keep away from weighing yourself after excersise though as it can give false readings as you have usually lost water through dehydrating you body
    I weigh myself every tuesday morning at 7.30am
  • sandra68
    sandra68 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I only weigh myself one day a week. Wednesdays... I thought Saturday but that just gives me the weekend to mess up more than i already do. I just have to remember.. even if I am not losing more than 3lbs as long as I am losing that is all that matters right? Eating healthy and getting to my goal weight slowly.. just like i got to this weight slowly....
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    mornings for me too :smile:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I weigh at my gym every Friday, on my lunch break but before I eat. I do have at least 3 cups of water by then but I wear the same clothes every time.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I weight in once a week in the morning after I've used the bathroom and before breakfast.