Are you afraid of the big bad holidays' ?

Options
imchicbad
imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
Im just curious to know. since we've all been on the fat battle for a while, I know lots of us are almost 10 pounds away from our goal weight, yet others are just starting, some in between...but do the holidays scare anyone?

Is this your first year being caucious and aware of the food and goodies?

if this is not your first rodeo, did you triumph over -over eating last year? and how did you do it? and how hard was it.

Replies

• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    naw cuz on those weeks i build the most muscle from eating all that delicious food!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of them not because of gaining, but because there's so much garbage gift food (especially at work) that I keep eating it even after it doesn't taste good just because it's there. I'm looking forward to the actual food on the holidays.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You can either have portion control and enjoy the food... or have a glass of water and jog around the table while others eat

Its only a few days out of the year everyone... enjoy it
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    No. Last year, I gained about 5 pounds between Thanksgiving and the Feast of the Epiphany enjoying foods that I only eat once a year (like squash dressing and my Daddy's old-fashioned fudge and rum cake). Those five pounds came off when I went back to my normal routine.

This year, I am expecting a baby at the end of December, and I'm afraid that loss of appetite, nausea, heartburn, and no room in my tummy will mean that I don't get to enjoy my seasonal favorites as much.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You can either have portion control and enjoy the food... or have a glass of water and jog around the table while others eat

Its only a few days out of the year everyone... enjoy it
    Well said!
  • PHXBlondie
    PHXBlondie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not the actual holidays. It's the leftovers. I need to really focus on not overcooking so that I have a fridge full of food after each of the holidays. I'd like to have an enjoyable holiday with one day of leftovers and then be done with it. I think if I can be disciplined not to overcook - as well as not making a bunch of Christmas cookies - I'll be successful. I may choose one or two cookie recipes and make them on Christmas Eve. I may even half the batches so there aren't any left over after Christmas or the next day.

I'd love to hear everyone else's strategies for getting through the holidays. :-)
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Last Thanksgiving, I almost had a panic attack because a friend wanted me to stop by for a Thanksgiving brunch and THEN I was going to my dad's for the full-on Thanksgiving thing. I was way freaking out over how many calories were in front of me and how much I'd have to exercise to get rid of it. It seemed overwhelming & impossible to eat without overeating. It ended up being fine, and I wasn't even over my calories. I did skip all dessert though.

I'm doing better with the anxiety side of things this year, but still worry a little bit about looking sociable/enjoying myself while not going overboard with food....
  • karylee44
    Options
    food.. not an issue.. i eat what i want .. i refuse to add another stress into the equation.

however.. shopping for Christmas gifts.. major stresser.. considering i have no money at all and three kids.. :(
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Nah, I reckon I can keep the progress going throughout the holiday period. I'm confident that I've got the discipline and control to keep on track even when splurging a bit on holiday goodies :)