Earphones!

Options
Hi,
I think I must have ridiculously small ear holes or something as iPhone earphones just won't stay in! As I gym quite a lot on my own I'd love to listen to my own music.
Anyone had a similar problem and found earphones that stay put?
Jo x

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I-phone earphones are. I'm guessing they're ear-buds. You really need ones that hook over your ear. I prefer waterproof. Keeps the sweat out of my ears and headphones.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I call them earphones too, makes more sense than headphones really.

I can't wear the Ipod ones either, you can get small sized earbud headphones, they come with soft squishy buds that squish right in the ear hole and they come in various sizes. Use the smallest on and they should cram in there - they are small enough for kids.
  • ashlet01
    Options
    I buy the Ink'd Skullcandy earbuds and put the smaller piece on them. Now they stay in my ears where as no other earbuds I have used before did!
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have the same trouble, I bought a bunch of foam covers and that helped a lot. Of course now I have those weird shaped buds that came with my iPhone 5 and they are just plain annoying but sound great when I can get them to stay in...
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Due to a few of my ear piercings I can't use a lot of the earbud types.

I have these

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/headphones/she3590pk_10/prd/en?country=US&catalogType=CONSUMER&language=en

And they stay in place really well
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have to say normally I would never spend this much on me but I have absolutly LOVED the bose IE2 headphones for working out they stay put and fit my small ears too
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Apple ear phones really hurt my ears, too. I really like JVC's ear phones that have the soft memory foam-like plugs that you just stick in your ears. When you buy them, they give you different sizes to choose from - plus they come in a variety of pretty colors. They are a tad bit on the pricey side, though - about $20 on average, but I really like the feel and sound quality of them. I do a lot of running and I have never had them pop out of my ears. :)
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    I just replaced my ipod earbuds with regular ones from walmart, cost like $5 lol. They also came with 3 extra pairs of earbud covers in different sizes. I think theyre by Phillips.
  • k8ojo
    k8ojo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
    Thats given me a few options to look at :0)
  • BKMiss
    Options
    I actually use Sony Sport headphones which wraparound so they stay in as I workout. They were about $20 at Staples.
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    I use yurbuds, because my old earbuds kept falling out when I was running. The new ones are great and have never fallen out. I also have several piercings in the inside cartilage of my ear and they don't get in the way. I don't like the kind that hang over your ear.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Apple ear phones really hurt my ears, too. I really like JVC's ear phones that have the soft memory foam-like plugs that you just stick in your ears. When you buy them, they give you different sizes to choose from - plus they come in a variety of pretty colors. They are a tad bit on the pricey side, though - about $20 on average, but I really like the feel and sound quality of them. I do a lot of running and I have never had them pop out of my ears. :)

I use these all the time too. They're called JVC Marshmallow and are $15 at walmart!
  • shannysgirl
    Options
    Get yurbuds! They just made a newer/smaller version especially for women and they really stay put.
  • k8ojo
    k8ojo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys, I finally got some skull candy ink'd earbuds and they really do stay put! Now I just have to get used to the wires flapping about, haha!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I buy the Ink'd Skullcandy earbuds and put the smaller piece on them. Now they stay in my ears where as no other earbuds I have used before did!

i don't buy this brand, but I buy the sony ones that have hte same thing - they're pretty common among many brands. they come with 3 sizes of soft silicone buds and you change them out tofit your ear best. they're awesome, and relatively cheap.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have the westone UM3X earbuds and use Comply soft foam tips. awesome combination they stay put, sound amazing, and are very comfortable.