I have a bad time eating out. Anyone else like me?

Options
13»

Replies

• babzog
    babzog Posts: 19
    Options
    It is the most unfulling rubbish I have had the misfortune to eat.

But... it's easy to chew! Hahaha!

McD's is utter crap - I can make a vastly better cheeseburger at home if I really want one.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do not have a bad time eating out....

....and that's the problem :laugh:
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Have them help you cook... they get involved in the process and have fun! way healthier than eating fast food... If time is an issue for you (like it is for most of us) get a crock pot... working girl's best friend!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've always really limited meals from places like McD's. The kids loved it when we did go there, but it had to be an unusual circumstance. I didn't make a habit of it.
  • lightweightdiva
    lightweightdiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are suggesting the salads, but honestly if I end up at a McDonald's I get a cheeseburger. Maybe a side salad or apple dippers on the side to add a little extra bulk, but the calories are not bad for a single, regular cheeseburger, and it makes me a whole lot happier than iceberg lettuce :)
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I use a book called "Calorie King" to help me with my choices when I eat out, especially fast food.
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My daughter and her friends love to go to Burger King and eat & play. I always check nutrition at home on my computer to plan what I am going to get there....And my daughter knows that she will only get one not healthy item. Example Burger + Side Salad or Grilled Chicken + Fries. And if she gets a completely good for you meal, she can have a sundae for dessert. It's all about teaching them indulgence in moderation just like we do to them with everything else in life.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Nope...when I eat out, I enjoy it. Looking forward to some Texas Roadhouse this weekend! Yeah, baby!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My daughter loves to eat out yet we never buy her the happy meal with a toy (unless its just her eating or special day) bc I dont want her always wanting to get a toy, and thinking she needs the food to get a toy.

We eat out alot. We set up the week with healthy items for dinner, and stuff comes up. Life is busy....so we eat out.
    Yet she loves sushi and chipotle( and will ask to go to chipotle before Mcdonalds anyday).

With chipotle you can add on things you want, take off things with to many calories and we share a bowl. So its half the calories.We got her used to it because we feel its better and tastes better lol

I agree with previous posts, get them used to other items they r stil young..
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just saw this slide show... I was surprised how bad some of these were but there are some better choices
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-worst-sandwiches-and-wraps
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/21-healthier-fast-food-meals