I'm asking for your prayers tonight, please.

Options
This isn't about weight loss, but it is about support, and it didn't seem right to put it in "chit chat and games". Apologies if anyone dislikes that I posted this here. But I am in need of support. And I'm asking here because there are so many strong, supportive, incredible people here who have overcome obstacles of every kind.

I'm asking for your prayers and good vibes tonight, for a court hearing that's happening in the morning. I'm asking for your prayers for a favorable outcome that will help two girls.

Long story short (it's been a rough few months): I am divorced with a 9-year old daughter; joint custody. Her dad has a teenage daughter from a previous marriage. He is being charged with aggravated sexual assault of this other daughter. It happened when she was younger, and she finally disclosed it to her counselor because she is scared for her half-sister (my little girl).

I'm praying for this to be resolved tomorrow (there's a chance it will be, if he offers up a plea), so that the victim can have some closure, and so that my daughter can be safe and never have to go through what her big sister endured. Assuming she hasn't to this point. If he maintains his innocence though (he may - esp. since money doesn't seem to be an issue), this could drag on for another year or so, with more hearings.

The big sister (my step-daughter, I guess, although I'm not technically her step-mom anymore) is a sweet sweet girl who is going to be questioned on the stand tomorrow by her father's lawyer. Please pray for her to stay strong and make it through this ordeal.

Thank you so much in advance for your prayers, thoughts, good vibes. I want this man out of our lives. I want my baby safe and for her sister to be able to begin to heal. x

Replies

• trainingdirty
    trainingdirty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    praying for you! <3
    i know God will take care of your baby girl & her half-sister!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    praying for you! <3
    i know God will take care of your baby girl & her half-sister!

Thank you so so much. It means a lot to me to know there are people out there who care, without even knowing me. x
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yikes! What a horrible situation to be in. Stay strong and good luck.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Yikes! What a horrible situation to be in. Stay strong and good luck.

Thank you. Yes, it's been a nightmare. Fingers crossed.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Oh my God....

With God's help you will overcome this and forget this as a bad dream. Hope the girl will stay strong.

How's your little girl doing? Did you tell her about her dad? Did you ask if she had any problems with him, God forbid?
  • oosaah
    oosaah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Praying for you. x
  • jamers1949
    Options
    You are all in my thoughts and prayers .
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, Praying. Hug her extra tight and your step-daughter too.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Oh my God....

With God's help you will overcome this and forget this as a bad dream. Hope the girl will stay strong.

How's your little girl doing? Did you tell her about her dad? Did you ask if she had any problems with him, God forbid?

She was interviewed by the detective in charge of the case. She didn't disclose anything, and the detective feels like everything is ok, but then again she said you never know with kids in these interviews. I never would have suspected anything happened to the sister, and I've known her for ten years now. She's always been happy and good, great mom, loving environment, etc.

My daughter is a bit confused over the whole situation - she's mostly figured out what's going on but obviously knows very little beyond the basic situation. It's hard for her because she's hearing two sides of the story. Hopefully after this is resolved it will become clearer, but there's pain for her on the horizon no matter what the outcome. Thanks for the support. x
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Praying for you. x
    Thank you. x
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    You are all in my thoughts and prayers .
    Thanks. x
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for a positive outcome. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Absolutely, Praying. Hug her extra tight and your step-daughter too.
    Thanks so much. Off to bed for me now. Big day ahead of us.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Best wishes for a positive outcome. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight.
    I really appreciate it. x
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    prayers certainly coming your way!
  • Toshiana123
    Options
    I will pray that God step in the middle of this situation. Have faith! Don't apologize for posting this...we are here for one another.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You got it! XOXO :heart:
  • endlesoul
    endlesoul Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Lets hope that he will find some shred of humanity within him and plead guilty. Please find a counselor that deals with this as soon as possible for both of you.

Hang in there and take one day at a time. Don't forget to take a deep breath and allow yourself to cry. You will get through this and be strength for your daughter to .
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Praying for you.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You got it... I used to work for the children and youth agency in my area... Kids are resilient... Support the girls as bet you can, don't be afraid to talk with them about it, bring it up... They know their truth... Saying the "wrong thing" is better than not saying anything and most of the time its not wrong. I would just make comments to the kids i worked with, something like, "i'm sorry you experienced the things you did. No one should have to experience those things." I would always reassure them that i was always there to just listen and support them and not there to judge them.. Nothing was ever off topic to discuss and door was always open to talk.