Colorado Amendment 64

Options
Will this really lead to increased cheeto and goldfish consunption? Just wondering...

Replies

• RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    the jalapeno cheetos for sure
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was always a totinos pizza and frozen waffles fan myself
  • kaylad8528
    kaylad8528 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    King Soopers sells Munchies brand... munchies. I imagine these will get the best sales of all!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm moving to Colorado.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    559006_303578863080534_1541985435_n.jpg
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I live here and I hope they tax the hell out of it.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Could assist in simple cardio workouts such as jogging. But they'd want to use a vaporizer or risk their lungs.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I live here and I hope they tax the hell out of it.

This would be a smart way to increase revenue. I am 100% certain that they WILL be taxing it heavily - just like cigarettes and alcohol. When other states see how much money is being made..I am hoping they all jump on the wagon then our retard of a PM here in Canada might do the same and voila..financial crisis averted ;)

I find it comical that Holland has actually moved to shut down their tourist industry revenue from visiting potheads and the USA is finally figuring it out. It's cheaper to go to the US anyway!
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I live in CO (seriously thinking of changing my screen name - iluvco - because of this. I would GLADLY pay higher taxes rather than have this law. Why not greatly increase the taxes on cigarettes, liquour, and junk food? I'm thoroughly disgusted! They better darn well use that income on the schools.
  • kaylad8528
    kaylad8528 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    IluvCO - The campaign that pushed the Amendment through really has a point. People are out there smoking it anyways, people of all ages. It's happening. It's not going to stop happening.

Police are chasing their tails to go after nonviolent crimes, and have less manpower where they need it as a result. I'm sure this is a familiar story in many other states, too.

On top of that, I know that my high school drop out friends that are living 3 people to a 2 bedroom apartment for $600 a month, all of them working full time minimum wage ($700 each*3 people), whom don't pay for internet, don't own a television, don't own cars, are spending possibly up to 50% of that on POT each month!

That $100-$350 (per person) should be getting taxed. End of story.

(Also live here, Colorado born and raised in the bad part of town : ) )
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Could assist in simple cardio workouts such as jogging. But they'd want to use a vaporizer or risk their lungs.

What's wrong with baking your bake in a brownie?

Glad some states have gotten saner, but even if I lived there, I'd avoid weed, I remember the munchies, and they were no joke. Alcohol can do that to a person, too, though!
  • Alice_H
    Alice_H Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the taxation portion of the bill wasn't written properly. Whether this serves to invalidate the bill or just cause problems with taxing the sale remains to be seen.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wonder if there will be an increase in obesity in CO? ;) Man those munchies don't mess around.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I live in CO (seriously thinking of changing my screen name - iluvco - because of this. I would GLADLY pay higher taxes rather than have this law. Why not greatly increase the taxes on cigarettes, liquour, and junk food? I'm thoroughly disgusted! They better darn well use that income on the schools.

What do you think will happen? Honestly? Why do you think it is so bad?

Have you ever been places that have legalization? Or are you just guessing as to what it means?

I find a lot of people don't have an understanding.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    About time. Honestly, it's about time we had better headlines. There is nothing like a good old marijuana legalization effort to improve the overall quality of headlines and quotables in general around the country.

And I don't really see why people are all that concerned. Legalization won't lead to more marijuana use, it will lead to more awareness of marijuana use. People smoke it. Your momma did, probably your son does, and your neighbor has three plants in a basement closet. You didn't know? Now you do. Take some of the money we could save from the unconscionable price tag associated with the DEA and add it to new marijuana tax revenue, and go buy yourself a 15 pack of Stroh's--which, by the way, is America's fire-brewed beer. And while you're out, bring me back a family-sized bag of Flamin' Buffalo-style Doritos.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    i think the amount of brain-dead losers will go up without question.
  • quixoteQ
    Options

The numbers won't increase, but you will be spending less money to incarcerate the ones that already exist.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

The numbers won't increase, but you will be spending less money to incarcerate the ones that already exist.

why not have brain-dead losers in jail? O.o
  • quixoteQ
    Options

why not have brain-dead losers in jail? O.o

Why pay to put them there? And, have you ever been left with the bill for feeding a bunch of stoners?

Very clever username, btw. +1.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I haven't had pot in decades, but I approve of the legalization initiatives. My uncle died of mesothelioma, and used pot to ease the pain. I understand it can also be helpful for glaucoma. As a recreational mind number, it is no worse than alcohol. They both impair the ability to drive, and no one should drive while under the influence. I never liked smoking anything whatsoever, but I really liked using MJ as a cooking herb. Nothing beats it for providing that after dinner mellow feeling. The initiative failed in our state but passed in Washington. Maybe it will pass next time. Both states will face legal challenges from the feds.
This discussion has been closed.