Who started MFP??

Keen to know who started MFP? And whoever it was, I am eternally grateful!!!

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    im curious about this as well!
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    There seem to be a number of grocery store and diet gimmick advertisers, so somebody is making money on it!
  • Wow! Interesting
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    There seem to be a number of grocery store and diet gimmick advertisers, so somebody is making money on it!

I imagine they're needed in order to fund the bandwidth that the site needs now it's so big.

Massive thumbs up to Mike :flowerforyou:
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    He needs a medal !!
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member

Uhm, the ads at the top are adsense ads, so it's based on your own personal interests and your own internet history. So the diet gimmick advertiser is targeting you, because you searched for it somewhere :laugh:

I keep seeing ads for crock pots, because I did a bit of a search for it on Amazon, now I'm constantly reminded about it. There are icons in the top right hand side of the ads if you want to change what you see.
  • xeanx
    xeanx Posts: 69
    I don't have any ads. I use ad block plus.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member

Uhm, the ads at the top are adsense ads, so it's based on your own personal interests and your own internet history. So the diet gimmick advertiser is targeting you, because you searched for it somewhere :laugh:

I keep seeing ads for crock pots, because I did a bit of a search for it on Amazon, now I'm constantly reminded about it. There are icons in the top right hand side of the ads if you want to change what you see.
    Oh! That explains why I am seeing clothes advertisements lately since I have been looking for a new outfit online. Duh!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    I love Mike...
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Robert Paulson
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 310 Member

Ahhh that explains all those naughty adds I keep seeing! :tongue:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Robert Paulson
    The first rule is...
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member

Mike from MFP is like Tom from MySpace!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member

Mike from MFP is like Tom from MySpace!

Except awesomer.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Robert Paulson

His name was Robert Paulson....His name was Robert Paulson....His name was Robert Paulson.

Now if only I looked more like Brad Pitt and less like Robert Paulson, I'd be set.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Great question....and so glad to know the answer!

Thanks so much Mike! Hope you get many happy returns...in health, happiness and financial too. You deserve it! I woulda paid for the app if I knew how it would benefit me and my family!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    just go to `whois` on google and type in web address?

You can do this for any website to see who owns and runs it?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    It was started by Neanderthals in a cave in 25,000BC. It wasn't very successful at first because the internet hadn't been invented yet.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member

That makes sense. I keep seeing ads to switch to the insurance company I work for. :laugh: