My food diary

Options
2»

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Have your fingernails started splitting/cracking/peeling yet? They will if you keep working out like you do and not getting in more protein. I thought i was taking in enough... and 6 months down the road my nails went to hell.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruit high in sugar, not enough protein, and calories should be at least 1200 even more when working out.....and drink lots of water.
  • bgraz1994
    bgraz1994 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Have your fingernails started splitting/cracking/peeling yet? They will if you keep working out like you do and not getting in more protein. I thought i was taking in enough... and 6 months down the road my nails went to hell.

I actually really like tofu aha, and I will definetly make a trip to bulk barn and stalk up on nuts!
    So you find it difficult to reach your calorie goals too?
    And yes, my nails have been doing that for a while now :(
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    Eating that little amount of food is going to put your body into starvation mode and stall weight loss. I would add protein, good fats like almonds and avocado and try to eat carbs in the morning, not for dinner. Also, I lose more when I get in at least 8+ cups of water per day.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know I need to up my intake, thats a work in progress. Unfortunately my mental state makes that a little bit difficult sometimes, but I am trying.

Most of you said to up the protein, which I agree with. I recently became a vegetarian and I live on campus...any ideas for protein high meals/snacks/etc?
    Honestly, at this point, I think getting more calories is a bigger priority than your macronutrient balance. If your mental state is preventing that happening, then maybe it's time to get some professional help for that, if you're not already. :flowerforyou:
  • MandyMoo3000
    Options
    Hi, I have to agree you don't have nearly enough intake. Take a look at my diary if it helps, I am on 1200 calories currently, and managing very well so far (only 2 days recorded, but enough to give a general overview) I also exercise at least 30 mins, usually an hour of Wii Zumba. With this I have the odd treat here and there, and stay under my calorie allowance.

Take care xxxx
  • Siobhan282012
    Options
    Yes, I know I need to up my intake, thats a work in progress. Unfortunately my mental state makes that a little bit difficult sometimes, but I am trying.

Most of you said to up the protein, which I agree with. I recently became a vegetarian and I live on campus...any ideas for protein high meals/snacks/etc?

Quorn has a good sauch of protin nuts beans etc
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You seriously need to look at your calorie intake, way to low.

Check out this link, it'll let you how many calories you should be eating for you height and age to keep yourself healthy.
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators.html

If you are not healthy in body you will not be healthy in mind.

Good luck
  • toottoots
    toottoots Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Tuesday was a very sparse day :(

- you are totally gorgeous and so slim already.
    could be, If you ate a little more - might power up your body to shift the few lbs you'd like off?

Ps: i can only dream of looking like you! Lol
  • vickij2
    Options
    Caloric intake is way to low. You will begin losing muscle. You are not getting enough nutrients.

Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein
    Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
    Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams
    Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams
    Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams
    Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams
    Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
    Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams If you eat fish, tuna has 40 grams/ most other fish 22 grams. Most beans are high in protein.
  • taximania
    Options
    Hello everyone,first post. Male 50 plus with a nearly under controlcake and biscuit fetish. Joined a few months back.Do anyone of you actually believe in such a thing as starvation mode.People on lighter programmes consuming 500 kcal daily and weight dropping off them by the bucket load! Roughly eaten 1300 k cals for 3 week n not lost or gained a pound.Wont even begin to dezcribe what i could have done to them scales.I am a medical mystery and need locking securly in a scientific facility for porkers to analise my malfunction. Lost 5 Pounds in total but nothing in the last 3 weeks.Am going to test this theory of adptation to starvation and have now commenced 750 a day for 2 weeks..Will let u know my result.Also do not believe the fugures for staying the same weight calories given of 2300 this site says i need according to my weight age and sex.Surely we r not all standard made and would say mine is about 1900 kcal daily. Why am i fat, I guess its like most because im greedy and not because im big boned or slower burn rate or its genetic etc.Maybe this site will help me alliviate this greed by monitering all that I consume.Back in 2 weeks to see if this starvation mode is a myth or not.3 weeks and not a single pound shed. Shrugz shoulders n smiles but absolutly choked beyond belief. Good luck to all in their battles n hope all eventually win the war.
  • bronzie12
    Options
    Hi

Being an aspiring pro athlete I believe you are missing one valuable thing. That is you need to fuel your body for it to function at its optimal level. Your output is high and in that sense you are buring fat, and that is not mentioning the fact that you do not eat enough or correctly (very important) to feed your active body. If you fill a car's gas tank with water the gauge will indicate full but it will not burn as it is the wrong fuel. Think about it that way.

Have you considered that the muscle you are building is adding to your weight, which seems to be an issue for you. So you should rather consider monitoring body fat and water levels rather than relying on body weight alone.

I hope this is helpfull :smile:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Hi

Being an aspiring pro athlete I believe you are missing one valuable thing. That is you need to fuel your body for it to function at its optimal level. Your output is high and in that sense you are buring fat, and that is not mentioning the fact that you do not eat enough or correctly (very important) to feed your active body. If you fill a car's gas tank with water the gauge will indicate full but it will not burn as it is the wrong fuel. Think about it that way.

Have you considered that the muscle you are building is adding to your weight, which seems to be an issue for you. So you should rather consider monitoring body fat and water levels rather than relying on body weight alone.

I hope this is helpfull :smile:

I highly doubt she is building muscle on 400-900 calories and 20 g of protein a day.