Correct calories burned?!?

Options
I find it odd the # of calories burned during exercises..... Do you go by what is on the machine, what the website suggests or have an exercise watch..... Just curious !!!!

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM with a chest strap. The ones without the strap aren't very accurate.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Do you enter your weight on the machines at the gym when prompted?
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend getting a HRM with a chest strap. Most people on MFP says that this site over estimates their burn. For me, it underestimated. I find that, if I enter my weight on the machines, my HRM and the machine are fairly comparable.
  • vickij2
    Options
    I use Nike+ sensor with sports band and calibrate it with my weight and distance that I set with my car speedometer.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM (with chest strap) it's almost spot on with MFP. I don't do a lot of work on machines but it's pretty close.
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The Machines & MFP were telling me two different stories so I got a HRM (with strap) & then found out that the machines were underestimating & MFP where overestimating !!! - Best thing I have spent my money on
    :bigsmile:
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    i use what the macines say and what MFP says on other things. I also over estimate my cals eaten so I think it avg's out anyway.

Weight loss is not an exact science anyway allso.
  • K8cain
    K8cain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM but without the strap.....I feel it over estimates and I usually record less than what it reads. I will usually avg with the machine and my HRM...but would love to know how much I REALLY burn during my classes that I take....Look like I am going to try a HRM with a strap!!! Thanks for the advice all !!!!