back exercise

Hi, could anyone give me some advise on what would be the best exercise to do to get those little dimples to form on your lower back??:flowerforyou:

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    If you are implying you've got fat on your back then cardio-vascular work and calorie-counting is the only way. If you're lean and not seeing any definition, then try deadlifts.

If you search "you can't spot-reduce fat" on here, you'll get a million posts. ;)
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Romanian Deadlifts - on You Tube
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    lower back dimples is genetics
  • Okay, I can see how the deadlifts can work.. but how heavy should a girl start with? Also, I'm trying to tone, not build muscle.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Squats, dead lifts, back extensions,
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    all core ones would help, planks bl;ah blah blah
  • To work your lower back directly.. do good mornings with weights or hyperextensions..

The big movements like Squats and Deadlifts will obviously all help too.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Okay, I can see how the deadlifts can work.. but how heavy should a girl start with? Also, I'm trying to tone, not build muscle.
    "Toning" just means either building muscle, or losing fat to reveal the muscle underneath. Unfortunately there is no exercise that will make you specifically lose fat in that one area. A calorie deficit (and strength training will definitely help with that) will help you to lose fat. You just have to hope it comes off where you want it to.
  • Okay, I can see how the deadlifts can work.. but how heavy should a girl start with? Also, I'm trying to tone, not build muscle.
    "Toning" just means either building muscle, or losing fat to reveal the muscle underneath. Unfortunately there is no exercise that will make you specifically lose fat in that one area. A calorie deficit (and strength training will definitely help with that) will help you to lose fat. You just have to hope it comes off where you want it to.

^^This^^
    It is a big misconception that lifting will build bunches of muscle and, in women, that is just not the case. You will get definition in your muscles but, not BULK up!!