Driver's license weight?

Options
Just curious - how many of you who have more than 20 lbs to lose are honest about your weight on your driver's license? I'm about 65 lbs over what mine says I am, probably because I never changed it from when I first got it at 16, about 12 years ago! Then I didn't want to acknowledge that I gained, but nobody at the MVA called me out on it when I renewed.

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be 25 to 50 lbs. under what I weighed. Now? It's probably 30 lbs OVER :-)
  • BoboGritt
    BoboGritt Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bahahahaha. That is funny as I was just thinking about this. Last time I had my drivers license picture taken I weighed 565 pounds. I told them I weighed 350. Ooooops. Well, since then I have lost 189 pounds and I still weigh 26 pounds more than the license says. Oh well.....In 5- to 6 weeks it will be accurate.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    They don't put weight on ours here in KY. lol They called you out????? Should have punched them in the nose......haha!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    No weight listed in Iowa.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When I got my license at 16...I said I weighed 148. Up until age 20, I weighed about 163. Then when I went in to change my license at 21, I told them I weighed 130 (probably weighed closer to 135). A year later, I weigh 125 :)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Not sure...Mine just says the number 8. Pretty sure I do not weight 8lbs nor 8 tons.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I was dishonest on it, by A LOT but now I weigh less than what it says I do :bigsmile: It felt so awesome when I realized that!
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Mine is only 3 pounds less than what I currently weigh. I have 40 more pounds I want to lose. So, not too bad. When I got it, I hadn't been on a scale in about 6 1/2 months, so I was guessing.
  • BIRT1956
    BIRT1956 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I recently have finally reached my goal weight which now matches the weight on my drivers license!!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    PA doesn't have the weight on them... Thank GOD! I think it is silly to have the weight on at all with the way weight changes so easily.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Why would your drivers license say it in the first place? Is that normal in the US?

Haven't ever seen a 'weight' part here in Europe, it's such a fluctuating thing though seems silly to have it in the first place, unlike other things to ID you, like eyes, height etc.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Curious - why is weight necessary on your driving license?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I'm now at my DL weight.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Why would your drivers license say it in the first place? Is that normal in the US?

Haven't ever seen a 'weight' part here in Europe, it's such a fluctuating thing though seems silly to have it in the first place, unlike other things to ID you, like eyes, height etc.
    It varies from state to state.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Weight's not listed here in the license.. Why should it say it anyway? There's not even height. Just name, date of birth, validity, city and license number.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Mine does not have weight on it but my face looks fatter than it does today.
  • WolfPackFan13
    WolfPackFan13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be 25 to 50 lbs. under what I weighed. Now? It's probably 30 lbs OVER :-)

Same for me! It was a big scale victory for me!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You have to put your weight on your drivers license? Why?? :huh:
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    NH used to just have a weight "class" on the license, but when I renewed mine a few months ago, they switched it and put the actually weight on it. Not too happy about that..
  • Vaibhav_ace
    Vaibhav_ace Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just renewed my license yesterday, and I was honest that I had gained 10lbs since my last time. The DMV worker was like... ohh, so you picked up a few pounds since the last time, and we joked about it. I don't think he meant that in a derogatory way, he was just making small talk. Little does he know, I am kicking my butt to get back down to that weight.