Ready to get this weight off

Options
Good Morning!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Candice and i'm 29 from Maryland. I have only ever used weight watchers as a means to lose weight, but I think that its time for me to try something different. I joined MFP because I think it is important to pay attention to all aspects of the food I eat and not just stay within a "points" budget.

I've never done this before, so i'm looking forward to learning quickly and getting healthier. Just bought a polar heart rate monitor and I hope that will help me as I get back to exercising.

So anyway, HELLO and I hope to make many friends on this journey to good health! :-)

Replies

• mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the life long journey!!! It's not a fad diet, its life change!!!! If you put your mind to it, you will get there. Patience, hard work and motivation will get you where you want to be!!! Feel free to add me if you'd like!!! :)
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello Candice (What a lovely name)!

Well, you've come to the right place.

I tried Slimming World before and lost half a stone but as soon as I couldn't afford to go every week, I put it all back on and then some.

MFP keeps me on track because there's no excuse not to do it x)

Hope it helps you too :D

x
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I'll add you as a friend :)
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • howardgirl29
    Options
    thanks so much to everyone for the responses! I think i'm going to like it here!
  • Heat120
    Options
    this program seems to work for me, I combined it with the 17 day diet and I've attained my first goal of losing 9 lbs. now I'm going to set another goal for myself. mind games I know, but it works better for me if I set attainable goals and go from there. good luck.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hi Candice!

Welcome to MFP. I'm Jen, 28, from Massachusetts. It is honestly the only "weight loss tool" that has ever worked for me. Having the support of people with similar goals is really inspiring.

I have a Polar HRM and it's the best fitness purchase I've made. It really taught me a lot about how intensely I should be working out, and that just going through the motions of a workout burns less than half the amount of calories than doing the same workout and giving it my all!

Feel free to add me to your friends list. I log in every day and try to offer as much support to my friends as I can. It seems like your head is in the right place and I know you can achieve your goals!

Thanks for saying Hi. :)
  • howardgirl29
    Options
    I'm glad to see someone else using the heart rate monitor. I think it will be a great purchase for me and helpful with tracking actual calories burned.
  • ncarleto1
    ncarleto1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I think you made a good choice. I have been here for a long time off and on, meaning I left at times to try other programs but I always come back here. It helps me stay focused and keep track of food and exercise. plus you meet people here that encourage you and give you ideas that you may have never thought of on your own.
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    Welcome:)
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Candice! Good luck to you!

Feel free to add me as a friend!!:)
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome Candice!!

Be sure to also read some of the sticky threads - here's a link which will give you a link to others you should be reading:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • howardgirl29
    Options
    thanks for the link. I'll check it out now!
  • lulu241
    Options
    Hello Candice, im Angie from the UK. I also have recently started with MFP after doin Weightwatchers on/off for the past 10years! This is my second week, i lost 4pounds last week so fingers crossed for this week. I'll add you as a friend :smile:
  • kaymay1210
    Options
    Welcome! I think this site will be a great match for you! Its so nice because you log your food and exercise and you keep track of it. You can plan ahead of time for future meals by setting a food intake goal for yourself and being able to see with the combined exercise you do and how it equals your daily net. It's so nice to be able to have junk food cravings and being able to log on for motivation from all the great men and women on here who are in the same boat as you. Life will always try to discourage but tomorrow is a different day. Never give up!