Driver's license weight?

Options

Replies

• TrashyAbercrombie
    TrashyAbercrombie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My DL weight is like...50 pounds under what I weigh now, I just keep using the same weight that I was when I was 16 XD
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    my license weight hasn't changed in years. my current weight is 37lb over that (down from 114 over!). My goal is to be at or below license weight by new years.

I'll be very excited when my actual weight is lower than the license :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I did about the same as the OP - weighed in around 200 pounds when I got my license and never changed it when I renewed or had to get a new one after marriage eventhough I got up to 60 pounds heavier than that. However, when I had to renew last year, I finally updated it since I was well below that weight! I still lied a bit though. I was 175 at the time but went with my primary goal weight of 157. The woman at the counter was so sweet about it, congratulating me and asking me how I'd done it. Now if only I'd taken a good picture...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Curious - why is weight necessary on your driving license?

In the US each of the fifty states is responsible for its own public safety, and they each make their own laws governing things like driver's licenses. The license is used as a form of identification everywhere. In Oregon, weight is listed on the driver's license, and I assume this is to aid in identification but that is a guess. I weigh more than it says on mine, and hope to weigh less before I am done. I don't really think mine has ever been accurate.
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    As of this morning, I'm about 3.5 lbs over my license weight... Of course when I got it renewed last time, I had just lost like 20 lbs, so I didn't lie too badly (like 5 lbs under). Hopefully when I renew it next summer (when it expires) I'll have a new number to put on there!
  • tasmin21
    tasmin21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mine still says 130, and I can't honestly say that I DID weigh that when I was 16. I was probably over, even then.

However, I have asked the DMV repeatedly to change the weight to make it more accurate, and they have refused to do so. *shrug*
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I confessed to mine when I renewed last year, this year, 11 lbs lighter than it =)
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I put 20lbs less then what I weighed, but since then i've managed to lose 20lbs!! :)
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In OH it's on the license - when I got the license it was 20 pounds less than I was (I think) now it's 45 pounds more.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yeah, in MD we have height and weight. I'll probably get a new one when I hit 165 and be honest about that - I had 0 muscle in high school!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    (pulls out license to see what weight says)......

I guess Texas went to a new style and it's not listed on there anymore. :drinker:

But I do need to renew next month & get a new picture; WOW I was heavy in that pic!! :noway:
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    They never ask for a weight updates when we renew on our licenses in my state so it's been the same since my early 20's when I moved here. I'm not really sure what the point of weight on a license is anyway since it is so easy to vary over the life of a single license much less the driver. Thanks to my progress here however I'm only 10 pounds away from my license weight but I get asked for additional ID occasionally because the picture doesn't look much like me any more....the extreme close up wide angle lenses they use plus my weight plus a new hair cut and dye job equals some double takes more often than not.
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mine still has the weight I was when I got my license at 17 lol (Im 44 now) and Im a good 58 pounds heavier. Shoot, it even still has the hair color I had way back then
  • sujenwujen
    sujenwujen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I last had my photo taken for my driver's license (1999), I was honest about my weight. But we get to keep our photos in GA (or at least we used to -- they've recently changed things, but mine hasn't expired yet). So, my weight is accurate to my photo! But is it accurate to reality? Uh, no. BUT! The weight on my driver's license is my GOAL weight, and I'm halfway there! So, by the time I DO have to renew, it should be correct again!
  • Hab1978
    Hab1978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had to renew mine about 2 weeks ago. My weight that was listed was from when I was 16 and was about 40 lbs lighter than I CURRENTLY am. Meaning, that at one time, my weight was about 90 lbs more than was listed. When the lady was asking me if there was any information that needed to be changed, I proudly said "Yes, my weight needs to be changed!" She kinda raised her eyebrow at me for actually listing my weight higher than it stated, but to me, I was actually PROUD of that number!! For me, it was a victory to have my actual weight listed because I KNEW what it previously was, even though to her, it seemed crazy because she just saw a woman that was making her weight be listed as higher than it previously was recorded.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely 25 pounds over!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    ha I have always lied about my weight (100 lb lie) >.< I have 24 lbs more pounds to lose, to NO longer be 100lbs over the weight on my license lol
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    At my highest, I was 100+lbs heavier than my DL weight, though I've gotten second looks, no one ever said anything. Now I'm less than 70lbs within my DL weight. We renew our DLs every 6 years, so that's a lot of time for weight to fluctuate.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Mine says 180, my goal weight, but I really weigh about 216. I don't think they even asked when I renewed it in July on my 21st birthday (my first time renewing since my 17th birthday-ish time).
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed my weight since I got my learner's at 14! That's only 5 lbs away now though.