New Mom - Losing the Leftovers After Baby

Options
Hey Everyone,

9 months ago on Friday I had a beautiful baby girl, who has changed my life in so many wonderful and amazing ways. However, I also physically changed in ways that I couldnt have imagined possible!!

I need some encouragement for this body of mine. Anyone out there do anything that got their body back to normal after baby? Loose stomach, bigger hips, no metabolism, no energy...these are just a few of the many things going on with me right now.

I am desperate to get out of my maternity jeans and feel comfortable in my own skin. I am countying calories, obviously, and tracking exercises ( starting today :)...but is there more that I can do??

Thanks for the time and I appreciate any advice coming my way.

Replies

• kbyrd1988
    kbyrd1988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my son in April 2011. Pre prego, I was a healthy fit 150 pounds, size 10. I stopped weighing myself at 195 4 weeks before he was born because it was depressing. By his first birthday, I was 130 pounds, size 4 ( still stretch marks, and flabby.) So, I understand where you are coming from. I decided that I needed:smile: to get my butt in shape now. My whole body changed after I had him. Although I was smaller, weighed less, I had that flabby belly. Dieting is great, yes, but what made the most difference was pilates. I swear by it. My hips are smaller than before I got pregnant. I know how depressing it can be to look in the mirror, but you can change your body. If you need encouragement, I'm here. If you need pointers, I'm here. Good luck to you!:smile:
  • becks91386
    Options
    I just had my baby girl 8 weeks ago and I'm having the same issues... I gained about 50lbs, which is the biggest I've ever been, and now I'm still 25lbs over my starting weight pre-pregnancy. My goal is to lose at least 30-40 more pounds (my weight when I got married). Ive been counting calories and WeightWatchers points- using another app called iTrackBites- as well as an every other day workout, which I feel has helped. I don't have the time to go to the gym everyday, or take a pilates class either but I need this belly flab gone! Has anyone found any other ways of losing that?
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am a mother of three and totally know how you are feeling! You can do anything when you set your mind to it! :smile: