Salad topped with fried eggs!

Options

Replies

• 2011Eileen
    2011Eileen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I usually just use boiled eggs and then dressing, but this even poached would sure work nicely. Thanks
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    this sounds amazing
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    coddled egg yolk makes one of the worlds most amazing sauces and dressings! I completely love it (when it fits in my numbers!)
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You must have been REALLY hungry lol.

Why do you say she must havebeen REALLY hungry? It seems like a nice healthy portioned plate of food to me.

Awesome idea to kill off dressing. Gnna try definately!

No i meant it in a way that when I'm really hungry I put odd food combinations together. Wasnt knocking the size at all..hell i could eat two of those :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I see chopped eggs in salad bars, so this is not so far-fetched. Take off the yolk to make it even healthier!
    What? The yolk is what makes an egg healthy...
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Minus the meat... I am in LOVE. Love eggs. Love salad. SO perfect. :) I'd throw in a ton of bell pepper. It's like a raw omelette. lol

It was baby spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, orange bell pepper, cucumber, diced green apple and a few slivered almonds.
    I now have so many ideas of things to do with fried eggs lol. I also heard of topping mashed potatoes with a fried egg, I think that's gonna be breakfast tomorrow.

Then someone mentioned rice with egg...gonna have to try that sometime!!

I grew up eating bacon, eggs and rice for breaky . . . . soooo delish, although pretty high cal . . . lol
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I see chopped eggs in salad bars, so this is not so far-fetched. Take off the yolk to make it even healthier!
    What? The yolk is what makes an egg healthy...

My thoughts exactly! Not too mention the yolk was the whole point of putting it on! lol
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea. Plus with the extra protein and fat content, it should make the salad stave off hunger for a lot longer than some carby salad dressing crap would.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. It would be a little like an omelette, only with more veggies than egg.
  • simplyme99
    simplyme99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't know ... the egg and lettuce don't sound too good. Glad you liked it though!
  • hulkling
    hulkling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Quinoa salad with Spring onion and Asparagus with some grilled Salmon and topped with a poached egg. DIVINE.
  • lovedogslovecats
    lovedogslovecats Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think you stumbled on a classic, and it's delicious. Check out this link:
    http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/poached_egg_and_bacon_salad_-_salad_lyonnaise/
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Quinoa salad with Spring onion and Asparagus with some grilled Salmon and topped with a poached egg. DIVINE.

Oh yummy yummy yummy!
  • ynoelani
    ynoelani Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    looks great!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Fried egg over brown rice works well too... or whole wheat pasta... or couscous... millet... usually just do one with a half cup of grain for a quick meal and then a side salad... sounds like a great way to enjoy it over salad.
    Best fried eggs over easy in a good non-stick pan so you don't have to add oil or spray...
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You must have been REALLY hungry lol.

Why do you say she must havebeen REALLY hungry? It seems like a nice healthy portioned plate of food to me.

Awesome idea to kill off dressing. Gnna try definately!

No i meant it in a way that when I'm really hungry I put odd food combinations together. Wasnt knocking the size at all..hell i could eat two of those :)

Oh good. I was like damn i must be a beast when i eatt then that would never fill me haha
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I did this today, too! I've done it before, it is the same idea as a hard boiled egg. I often go the fried egg direction if I forget to hard boil eggs and I already made my plate of salad. I also added a mixture of sprouts and quorn (vegetarian meat) chicken. It was GOOD!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I love salads with boiled or poached eggs. Never tried it with fried egg before, but as long as the yolk is runny, I`m sure it would be great.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    A fried egg topping mixed greens is a traditional French salad. And, yes, the yolk makes a great salad dressing, although they do still have a vinaigrette. But you wouldn't need much oil, just some vinegar for a little acidity.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Very healthy! I enjoy hot sauce on my salads and hard boiled egg whites. Not much of a fan of egg yolks but this is a fantastic idea! Putting a fried egg on a hamburger is also really good ! I make this for my beef loving father and hung over brother on Sunday afternoon when I visit my parents lol