What's a "good fat"?

Options
derra99
derra99 Posts: 54 Member
Ok, so my new love is Cocoa Roasted Almonds. However, a 100 calorie pack of those has 8 grams of fat! Everyone tells me not to worry about that because almonds have "good fat". But I do still count it as fat grams for the day, right?

Replies

• abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    It counts as calories and fat, but is better nutritionally for you than fast food or other high fat foods. Nuts, avocado, olive oil, etc.
  • nirvanadaze
    Options
    Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated fats are the good ones. Trans and Saturated are what you don't want.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated fats are the good ones. Trans and Saturated are what you don't want.

Correct with the Mono and Poly fats but you do want to get some Saturated fats just not a lot. and right on with trans fats, they do not belong in the human diet, or any animal's diet for that matter.

You should count all fat grams as each gram of fat, whether good or bad, has 9 calories.
  • fallangfit
    fallangfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too - I've read in some places not to count the 'good fats' in your fat count and only to count the 'bad fats' but I don't know if that is true.