I Need Easy to Prepare Recipes for On the Go

Options
I travel and work long hours. I would love some simple recipes that I can prepare at the begining of the week or before a trip that will last me a couple of days, are easy to bring & eat on the road. All recipe ideas are welcome. Thanks

Replies

• Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hope you are not eating while you drive... so one of the things I do for my daughter is make a salad with garbanzo beans, carrots and feta cheese (in one container) , lettuce in separate container and include small serving of dressing (3 container). I cook the beans and carrots and then use during the week. If I have cucumbers or tomatoes I may add those for variation. She has a soft "Playmate" that she takes, using 3 ice gel-packs and that stays cold for 12 hours. So if you like salad...
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like to "snack" so here's what's good for me:

1/4 cup red grapes and a mini Babybel cheese packaged together in a ziploc

baby carrots and sugar snap peas

any type of wrap....shredded chicken, veggie burger, etc with hummus

trail mix or any type of nut packaged in single servings so you don't overdo it

yogurt/cottage cheese with fruit...just mix together when ready to eat

salad....lettuce keeps forever in glass jars. in fact, google mason jar salads...you'll find all kinds of recipes for salads that you can make ahead of time in mason jars...they keep really well. This site will give you some good ideas: http://www.neatpins.com/2012/03/mason-jar-salads.html
  • lulu241
    Options
    Any soups or stews. Make a batch and heat before putting in a flask. That way you've got a hot meal wherever you are. Take some bread to dip in if you want to bulk it out. Do you have a food flask? They are just bigger than a normal one and usually tiered so you can put different things in them like chilli and rice.
  • hawkmothmvp
    Options
    The mason jar meal idea was awesome. Thanks