Colorado Amendment 64

Options
2»

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    i think the amount of brain-dead losers will go up without question.

The numbers won't increase, but you will be spending less money to incarcerate the ones that already exist.

why not have brain-dead losers in jail? O.o

LOL

Most of america would be in jail. I know productive pot users that have full time jobs and I know non pot users that are bumps on logs mooching off unemployment. It's all relative.
  • kaylad8528
    kaylad8528 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

The numbers won't increase, but you will be spending less money to incarcerate the ones that already exist.

Um.. Math?

Because the Average American household income is $40,000 and $70,000 dollars in households of four people or less over 1 year.

The cost to provide food, healthcare and basic comfort to a person in jail for one year is $40,000. This includes 3 meals, showers, clothing, healthcare, medications and opportunities like rehabilitation programs and tuition programs that are better than those offered to the poor working american.

That cost comes out of the Average American's pocket, many of whom can't afford those things for themselves.

Why keep nonviolent criminals in jail (free for them, expensive for us), when they could be working minimum wage jobs, paying taxes, and getting taxed for the pot use that would have landed them in jail in the first place?
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Um.. Math?

Because the Average American household income is $40,000 and $70,000 dollars in households of four people or less over 1 year.

The cost to provide food, healthcare and basic comfort to a person in jail for one year is $40,000. This includes 3 meals, showers, clothing, healthcare, medications and opportunities like rehabilitation programs and tuition programs that are better than those offered to the poor working american.

That cost comes out of the Average American's pocket, many of whom can't afford those things for themselves.

Why keep nonviolent criminals in jail (free for them, expensive for us), when they could be working minimum wage jobs, paying taxes, and getting taxed for the pot use that would have landed them in jail in the first place?

Why does everyone think pot smokers only work minimum wage jobs? I have friends that own mortgage businesses, are leasing managers at high income apartment complexes, store managers and even run their own law practice who smoke pot on a regular basis. A joint or two in the evening after a long day at work, to me, is the same as a few beers or a glass of wine with dinner.

But the rest I can agree with.
  • kaylad8528
    kaylad8528 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    They used the term "brain-dead losers" not "pot smokers" ;P
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Um.. Math?

Bingo.

People are going to drink, smoke, ****, gamble and do whatever else it is they do for relaxation/entertainment regardless of the 'legality' - prohibition didn't work either but taxing the booze sure gave the states a nice $$ boost - the same happens when you legalize and tax everything else.

Free up the police to go and fight REAL crimes..I have NEVER seen a violent pot-smoker..EVER. They are just happy to smoke, chill out and munch. For a nation to incarcerate so many of it's healthy young men for no reason is insane!

I know A LOT of people who smoke weed..They work in ALL kinds of professions..doctors, technicians, musicians, lawyers, IT people, stay at home parents and even a judge - So I can't really support the 'brain dead' theory. It's not like professional people are going to walk around telling everyone they smoke pot - well maybe more will now but in general..I don't think so.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'm moving to Colorado.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    They used the term "brain-dead losers" not "pot smokers" ;P

LOL

You got me there.
  • madworld1
    Options

Oh, please.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of Colorado. PA will never pass anything like this. We still have to buy our alcohol in state stores :sad: :sad: :sad:

Cheetos & ice cream - yum! :drinker:
  • madworld1
    Options
    Um.. Math?

Bingo.

People are going to drink, smoke, ****, gamble and do whatever else it is they do for relaxation/entertainment regardless of the 'legality' - prohibition didn't work either but taxing the booze sure gave the states a nice $$ boost - the same happens when you legalize and tax everything else.

Free up the police to go and fight REAL crimes..I have NEVER seen a violent pot-smoker..EVER. They are just happy to smoke, chill out and munch. For a nation to incarcerate so many of it's healthy young men for no reason is insane!

I know A LOT of people who smoke weed..They work in ALL kinds of professions..doctors, technicians, musicians, lawyers, IT people, stay at home parents and even a judge - So I can't really support the 'brain dead' theory. It's not like professional people are going to walk around telling everyone they smoke pot - well maybe more will now but in general..I don't think so.

Voice of reason.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Um.. Math?

Bingo.

I also am going to add that it's going to sold and monitored very strictly, just like alcohol. I'm sure there will be an age limit like 18 or 21.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Paradoxically, I couldn't eat while high. I couldn't sit still either. A lot more got done around here!

(but now I associate getting high with my doberman dying and can barely think of it without crying)

P.S. - She did not die because of pot smoking; she was ill for a long time. It's just the painful memory I have of her during our last walk together.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Paradoxically, I couldn't eat while high. I couldn't sit still either. A lot more got done around here!

(but now I associate getting high with my doberman dying and can barely think of it without crying)

Me too. Except the doberman part. I don't enjoy getting high because I turn into a zombie, I can't function normally and I just don't like it.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.