How often do you 'check in' ??

Options
Just curious, how often do you actually weigh yourself and submit the info online here??

Replies

• DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on a Monday morning, after bathroom, before wake up coffee!
    Running debate over Friday vs. Monday, but I reckon I'd rather see the weekend impact and do something if necessary.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but only update my progress on here every Thursday morning.

I also get weighed Monday nights at my TOPS meeting but considering I'm wearing clothes and have a full belly from eating and drinking all day I don't really pay attention to that number.

As for measurements, about every 3 or 4 weeks.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and check in when I have a new low.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Every freaking morning. Helps me stay accountable. Doesn't work for everyone.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Weighing in every day is too discouraging.
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. I picked Thursday morning for this main reason: weekends are a lot tougher for me. If I am going to slip up or have a cheat meal it is almost always on the weekend. By doing my weigh in on Thursday I basically have all week to make up for any weekend shortcomings. I'm trying to not slip up but I am also trying to be realistic. There's no GD way I am living the rest of my days with no burgers, beer, bbq, pizza, etc. At least if I could limit these types of things to one meal a week on the weekend I could live with that.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale two or three times a day! I know this definitely doesn't work for everyone. I record my weight on MFP once a week. I'm down 50 pounds so seeing the day to day fluctuations doesn't bother me unless I happen to fluctuate up 50 pounds in a day which hasn't happened yet.
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Once a day. I use the Aria scale which sends the data to Fitbit via internet. Then I log it here once a week.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and log that information in a master spreadsheet that I maintain with BMF calories burned, calories consumed, daily deficit/surplus, exercise specific calories, what my MFP "net"" calories are, my weekly daily calorie average, and my daily weight.

As for when I record the weight elsewhere, I log it here and in the BMF site every two weeks, whether it's a gain or a loss.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Weigh pretty much daily - log it every Friday no matter if it is up or down.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I do this too
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    It's been about once every couple of weeks so far, but I want to stretch that out to once per month. What the scales is doing is not as important to me as getting positive health habits established. The scales is gonna do what it's gonna do, it seems, going by all the "frustrated!" posts I see.
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Once a week - every Friday morning :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    lately, 2wice a week.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Every time I eat something at home.
  • aadutton
    Options

this.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I used to only record when I lost weight, mostly because I didn't need to keep track of all the ups and downs. Since I knew I wasn't gaining "fat". However, since they added the Fitbit Aria integration, the site updates every time I weigh myself, which is every morning still.

So the site gets updates every day now, which I'm not fond of... but unless I want to unhook that integration, it is what it is.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I used to do it once a week, but now once a month works better for me :)
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and post any loss that lasts for 3 or more days.
  • ThatNeuroGuy
    ThatNeuroGuy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning and night but only update when I drop weight on here. I keep spreadsheets at home though.