Sugar Sabotages?

Options
HI--- I've been trying to lose weight. For some reason, I've been struggling to take pounds off. Someone mentioned that I need to watch my sugar intake as well. I've been hearing calories is calories. So I'm asking if sugar truly sabotages the weight loss?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    HI--- I've been trying to lose weight. For some reason, I've been struggling to take pounds off. Someone mentioned that I need to watch my sugar intake as well. I've been hearing calories is calories. So I'm asking if sugar truly sabotages the weight loss?

Unless you have a medical condition that would require you to limit sugar intake, no.

Are you weighing your foods?
  • BlessedEight
    Options

Unless you have a medical condition that would require you to limit sugar intake, no.

I've been measuring my foods. I guess that is similar to weighing, isn't it?
  • BlessedEight
    Options

On second thought, maybe I should check with my doctor and see if I can get an answer.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options

Not exactly. There was a video kicking around here that showed you the 'pitfalls' of measuring vs. weighing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY ..this one.. watch it ;)

As far as watching sugar that will mainly depend on you. I DO watch mine because I have a family history of Diabetes and I didn't like the way I was headed before I got on this journey. Good plan to check with your doctor ;)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    It was sabotaging me, but in the way that I'd have to have sweets and it would put me way over my calories for the day.
    Do it once, no big deal, but do it every day and you're up 2 pounds.

I've had to completely stop though.. I've developed weird physical reactions to sugar recently. I haven't had to stop eating processed food yet, but when I eat candy I literally feel sick and hung over the next day.