Good news from the Doc today

Options
I went to the doc for routine blood work on Aug 2. It was not a good day for me. I was told then that my triglycerides were too high, my total cholesterol was too high, my glucose levels were in pre-diabetic range and my blood pressure was 135/88. I've been hypothyroid since 2006 and on meds for that only. I'm 37 and I weighed in at 284 lbs.

Fast forward 3 months to today...I have lost that magic 10% of my body weight, my blood pressure was 122/72, my triglycerides were down over 100 points, my total cholesterol was down 40 points and my glucose is no longer in pre-diabetic range.

My doc was VERY happy with my progress. She was full of praise. I am so happy right now. Diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease are hereditary in my family. I will be the first to admit that I was scared. I still am. I don't want that and I don't want that at such a young age. But I am relieved that all my hard work has paid off. I am by no means done, I still have a lot of work to do, but it is so motivating to know that my work is doing some good and helping me to be healthy again.

Replies

• theyrmysun
    theyrmysun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great work! I hope to get results like you.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Great job! It must be so nice to be so healthy!
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great work! :)
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news! I bet it inspires you to carry on too
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Keep up your work and dedication .. never forget .. and always remind yourself.

You may beat the odds .. at the very least, push off the bad stuff for many many years to come! CONGRATULATIONS!! You're amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    great job! I am hoping for similar news next month!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!