edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I dont know what to get for lunch! I'm hungryyyy

Replies

• MommyDaisy76
    MommyDaisy76 Posts: 19 Member
    how about a wrap and a salad?
  • LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    I'm having a fresh meat cheeseburger from a local mom and pop place, and a side salad with my dressing on the side! And looking forward to it!

Yesterday I had Fruitty Tuna salad on whole wheat toast, open face...It was so good, that's what I'm having for dinner tonight! Low fat, and low cals!
  • kait17b
    kait17b Posts: 8
    I'm having a multigrain tortilla with hummus, sliced turkey and tons of lettuce. It's filling and sooo yummy!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    so I'll give you an example of my standard fare lunch.

salad consisting of:

spinach leaves, field greens, green peppers, red peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms, black olives, and red kidney beans
    with
    roasted chicken breast
    shredded cheddar cheese
    and 2 servings of Kens Lite Olive Oil Vinagrette

and 1 serving of whole wheat pita bread

this lunch has essentially the perfect balance of fats, protein, and complex carbohydrates with almost NO simple carbs and only about 1 gram of saturated fats.

I do this for lunch about 3 to 4 days a week, sometimes I only do 1/2 a serving of chicken, and no kidney beans and replace with 1 whole hard boiled egg.

it's a good, easy, and filling lunch with plenty of fiber and essentially all the vitamins and minerals (this comes out to about 4 servings of veggies for the day).
  • nurseandi
    nurseandi Posts: 80
    Kim's light wheat bagel with egg white and low fat string cheese on top and a yoplait light fat free yogurt(YUMMYY!) feeling pretty full too! very unlike me. approx 320 cals
This discussion has been closed.