Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

cooking egg whites

GingerSnark
GingerSnark Posts: 153
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Ok, am I doing it wrong or does this happen to everyone. If I make scrambled egg whites, its gets gross & runny. Like all the water separates. Ive gotten egg whites out (fast food) on English muffins but they looked normal, not all watery.

Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    iDK, BUT i DEF KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN GIVE A GOOD ANSWER..LOL
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I do my egg whites in the microwave, a 1/4 cup (2 egg whites) for about a minute and they come out fine. When scrambled I wait until the pan heats up before putting the egg whites in, this might be your issue as they usually turn out fine for me. If you are using carton egg whites make sure to shake before using.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Ok, am I doing it wrong or does this happen to everyone. If I make scrambled egg whites, its gets gross & runny. Like all the water separates. Ive gotten egg whites out (fast food) on English muffins but they looked normal, not all watery.

Am I doing something wrong?

Are you adding milk to them? Mine come out fine
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    I agree with eric, make sure your pan is nice and hot before adding the eggs. We were using egg whites to train on our flat top on making omelets and they were coming out fine. No milk/water, just straight egg whites. Good luck
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    make sure you are cooking them long enough, mine are kind of like that and I cook them a little longer and they are fine.
  • morzan
    morzan Posts: 4 Member
    Egg whites will take a bit longer in a pan but always should come out the same as scrambling the whole egg!! keep trying, and should work... haha
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    We were adding skim milk. I think the milk is the problem. I added milk to my eggbeaters today for the 1st time & when I microwaved them they were a tiny but watery.
This discussion has been closed.