ramen noodles?

Options

Replies

• LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Totally not good, but hey- everything in moderation, right? I was sick with a nasty stomach virus last week and after two days of not eating, explosive poo and throwing up, ramen was the only thing that stayed in mah belly so I had two packages. They set me straight, but I think my sodium levels were low because normally they'll puff em up like a blowfish. I don't see the harm in having them once in a while, so long as they're worked into your calories.
  • Pamemiller
    Options
    Please watch! It provides some interesting insight in to your question>>>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVsjaXcA_GE
    wow i did watch the video, it help me a lot and the guy was hot lolol and THANK YOU because just the other day after eating some i felt exactly what he said....
  • Tpain86
    Tpain86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You’re welcome. That’s my man Elliott Hulse, always good for a 180 perspective and takes me to school every day.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    They aren't good for you, but who cares? They're delicious and not a problem if you don't have high blood pressure.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Used to use the pkg but skipped the season. Would add frozen green beans.......and cheese for flavoring...sigh. Luckily they no longer appeal to me.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Not all Ramen goes out of a little packet...

momofuku_ramen.jpg
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

momofuku_ramen.jpg

That looks so good :)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options

momofuku_ramen.jpg

THANK YOU! Thats the kind I eat, every single week!
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options

I ate some weird stuff in college but the ramen noodles with cheese and ketchup is at a different level!! :laugh: :drinker:

LOL I know right ! ! ! Can't believe the junk I used to eat :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I love the noodles, but I don't use the packaged seasoning. It's really salty. I'll add the noodles to vegetable soups or as part of a stir fry.
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    There is something to be said about a meal that costs less than a pack of gum. But heres my recipie

I can of hormel all natural chicken
    I can of green giant sliced mushrooms
    I package of ramen noodles
    throw away the chicken flavor pack use low sodium chicken broth and or a chicken bullion cube. Boil serve delish
    I save the chicken bullion packs and when I get enough of them i unscrew the shower head and pour them in and screw it back on so when my roomate hops in the shower he gets some aroma therapy

The recipe sounds horrible (to me) but the aromatherapy prank is hilarious!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I used the noodles, ditch the paket. Load the veggies and add some hot sauce omnomnom
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    At four for a dollar, I lived on them in college..every flavor, every recipe...now, I can't stand them because I ate them so much....ick
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    They are delicious and make for a tasty, filling lunch. I eat them often, have no health problems, and have done well with maintaining my weight, so that's my experience with them.

Everything in moderation.
  • elthomas07
    elthomas07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My grandmother told me her doctor told her they are good for her IF she doesn't use the flavor packet. She seasons it herself. I don't eat them but they are delish!
  • ShellyJKFIT
    Options
    they are really, really really processed, and fried.

That one guy (the eat this, not that author) said that one package has 2 servings in it, so the calories are really high for a small amount of food.
    ditto
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    on the sodium... 10. but they aren't bad on calories.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you take note of your sodium/potassium intake throughout the rest of the day, it's all good. I like to put a serving of kale greens and a hard boiled egg or two in mine for added protein and potassium, then be easy on the sodium in the rest of my meals that day.
  • lyricalsoulsis
    Options
    Ramen noodles are bad, so a 10. Your body doesn't break them down. I brought every package I had in my cabinet to work after I watched this video.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/09/ramen-digestion_n_1263825.html
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    just read about not using the flavor packet. thats a good idea! i'll try that sometime