hello I am a newbie here

Options
Good Afternoon! I have just turned 50 , female, and I am about 15 lbs or so over weight ( according to my BMI index). I have yo- yo dieted, skipped meals through the years, but it has caught up with me. Sometimes when there were emotional crises ( my divorce) I dropped weight. Not forever though, after a year or so, it creeps back up. Nothing budges now. My friends have been telling me for years to keep a food diary ( ugh!)) not skip meals, etc. but I always took the easy way out...until it stopped working. Now the only way is to start eating properly and increase the exercise. Very difficult, because my metabolism has slowed .

Replies

• kookeepup
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I hope this site offers you what you need. Eating is essential even in small quantities. I used to skip meals also but found out that it is not good for our metabolism so mines slowed down as well. I am better specially with breakfast as I used to skip every morning. But now that I am working out, I realize my body needs energy to burn. Even when I skimped on meals I just don't have the energy to work out harder or better. Feel free to add me if you wish and hopefully I can help cheer you on with your success and cheer you up when you need it. Have a nice day. :flowerforyou: