Thoughts on Gravy

Options
124»

Replies

• pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Gravy good. I don't care what you pour it on, it's better with gravy. If you know how to make biscuits (don't even tell me you don't keep buttermilk in your fridge.... sigh) then there is no reason to not make sausage gravy once in a while. :)
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I :heart: GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    One word : Poutine

winner.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yuck to gravy
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    gravy is so good! i love it on mashed potatoes

i make a delicious turkey gravy from this awesome stock i make out of our practice turkey.. the stock is so good, all i have to do is thicken it...
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    It's like liquid bacon.

Which gravy? The white gravy?
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    OMG they're scones!!! But... scones go with cream and strawberry jam!!!!! LOL... I'd hesitate very much to pour gravy over a scone. How odd tastes are!
    I don't know who you're talking to, but the pictures I posted are not scones. Scones are typically sweet, and have berries and fruit in them. Biscuits, unless they are raisin or pumpkin or something, are generally salty or bland, like bread. The last picture I posted is a cheddar bay biscuit which is made with cheese, parsley, cayenne pepper, and garlic. A regular biscuit would be fine with jam or gravy because it doesn't have much of it's own flavor, but a cheddar biscuit would be pretty gross with jam or cream.
    Ehm.. yes, you can get fruit scones, but you can also get wholemeal scones, cheese scones etc. My kids eat savoury scones in their lunches sometimes (with chives and feta or courgette) Plus I prefer the sweet ones. And a cheddar scone = totally yum with jam. Then again, I eat strawberry jam on my cheese sandwich, so maybe I'm just odd :laugh: